Sign in to follow this  

Need Help buying 300XC-W dual sport from dealer

Since no KTM dealer can answer this, I'm buying 14 300 xc-w, converting to street legal and want to use all factory components. Does anybody know if ordering euro 300 exc wiring harness would fit u.s. 300 xc-w? I assume I could then use same turn signals etc as other exc models have. 

Since no KTM dealer can answer this, I'm buying 14 300 xc-w, converting to street legal and want to use all factory components. Does anybody know if ordering euro 300 exc wiring harness would fit u.s. 300 xc-w? I assume I could then use same turn signals etc as other exc models have. 

how do you make it street legal with an off road closed course only MSO?

Only sx's come with offroad mco. All xc, xcw's come with same mco as exc and street motorcycles. If you buy it without dual sport kit, it will get titled as offroad only.

Only sx's come with offroad mco. All xc, xcw's come with same mco as exc and street motorcycles. If you buy it without dual sport kit, it will get titled as offroad only.

My 2013 xc says closed course competition only. Which my state does not care about but my understanding is PA does

It says that because it was sold not being street legal. The mco says mc just like the exc and duke. But, it will be titled as offroad if sold without dual sport kit and state inspection.

BS I bought my 14 XCW on Father's Day in dirt trim and had I plated here in Oregon it really just depends on what state your in

The answer is it CAN work. It may not be a direct drop in and go solution but since its just a wiring harness, it can be adapted to any bike really. You may need to also order all the accesories that came on the bike you are buying the harness for to ensure all the plugs will work together.

If you want all factory and order all the parts for the euro bike it will work with yours so long as your stator output or battery (not sure which is in the euro bike) is the same and you will be fine

BS I bought my 14 XCW on Father's Day in dirt trim and had I plated here in Oregon it really just depends on what state your in

Not sure what part you're calling bs on, but 1. Go to your local ktm dealer and ask to see mco on a xc-w and one from an exc model and both will say mc. Look at an sx and it will be different. 2. Not familiar with titling in all 50 states, but here it will be titled off-road only if not kitted with dual sport goodies and state inspection. And, yes; we have a way of street legalizing off-road only titles here as well which is a pita.

Not sure what part you're calling bs on, but 1. Go to your local ktm dealer and ask to see mco on a xc-w and one from an exc model and both will say mc. Look at an sx and it will be different. 2. Not familiar with titling in all 50 states, but here it will be titled off-road only if not kitted with dual sport goodies and state inspection. And, yes; we have a way of street legalizing off-road only titles here as well which is a pita.

That's not entirely true either. Not sure what the law says, but I have bought sx's, xc's, and xcw's all with plates where I buy my bikes. Had a friend buy an xcw at a different Pa dealer and was told "not without purchasing a dual sport kit from them along with the bike. He told them no thanks, took the paperwork to  PaDOT and got a plate. So apparently it varies from dealer to dealer.

That's not entirely true either. Not sure what the law says, but I have bought sx's, xc's, and xcw's all with plates where I buy my bikes. Had a friend buy an xcw at a different Pa dealer and was told "not without purchasing a dual sport kit from them along with the bike. He told them no thanks, took the paperwork to  PaDOT and got a plate. So apparently it varies from dealer to dealer.

Not sure how he can do that. I tried to pay cash so I could get ds kit that I wanted and to save on installation fees, but legally you can't buy anything in your state without dealer collecting tax. They send tax and mco to Penndot and must indicate whether it's street legal or not. That would work if a pa resident went to md to buy bike with cash because buyer pays own tax when submitting mco to Penndot for titling.

I'm sure he paid the taxes to the dealer, and the dealer did the title, but had to go to Pa DOT to register and get a plate.