Sign in to follow this  

Title trouble...again!

So looks like Im going throught the bonded title process yet again. I bought a streetbike off CL from a guy that purchased it from the title holder back in 2010. The guy I bought it from signed & dated the title as buyer back in 2010 but never went to the DMV to get it transfered. He rode it for 1 season (with the original owners good plates up to 2011) & put 2000 extra miles on it. Now even as the title states the purchase went down back in 2010, I have to go thru the "bond" process to get a new one in my name or the bikes considered junk. The guy would be responsable for 4 yrs back taxes & reg fees if he accompanied me to the DMV tomorrow to get it processed into his name (4-6 weeks tun around) & then god willing he gave me the title for it, that would end the issue. Yea...thats not happening.  Just an FYI, if you ever buy a vehicle, whatever it may be thats titled, do not sign the buyers area or date it as such until you are certain to get it transferred into your name. Its a huge pain to go thru the bond process to get it right (like 6-12 weeks+) & not to mention a bit pricey on top of your taxes & plate fees. Im upset about it, but nevertheless, I did get a smokin deal on it, & you get what you pay for.

Ended up finding the original title holder & had him go in for a "duplicate" title that I could use for the transfer. Tota lcost $8. I gave him a few bucks for his time & he ended up being a pretty damn nice guy. All else said, bike is in my name now, bearing my plates, just need the correct parts to come in & Im riding!