TO IBEAT OR NOT TO IBEAT

Well have an 09 te450 that has never run correctly , so believe I need some tuning done.so debating on bringing to a dealer that is oh 2.5 hrs away or trying to tune it myself with the ibeat.Does it come with the 02 sensor? believe you need this to use the software? i don't have mine that came with the bike. any suggestions? iam near cinci ohio if anyone wants to share their ibeat! :)

The husky forums move slow.....

I just bought a 2008 te450  did lots of forum searching. I am also looking at the ibeat software to tune. From what I read the tps is the issue on surgering throttle and steady speeds. Ibeat is the way to set this. But,I just ordered a jd power surge box. This will make your bike run better. Try it before shelling out the $300 bucks for ibeat. 

All efi street legal dirt bikes in the usa. Will come with emissions crap and a tune with smog gear on the bike. When you remove this an ecu reflash or tune is what it will take for it to run correct.

Must people will install a air fuel ratio gauge in place of the o2 sensor to get the tune correct across the whole throttle range.

In my search I believe on you tube search( husky a/f gauge or ibeat tuning ecu) and there was a guy that gave part numbers for gauge and had a handy mount so he could tune for real road conditions. 

Edited by limp1969

My 2010 TE310 ran much better with Ibeat than a tuner after the race ECU installed. Prior to the race ECU the bike ran the same between the two options.

I installed my jd power surge and it stopped all the flame outs and after playing with it got rid of the low end bog.

I would guess you can get the same results with ibeat or a custom mapping as the jd tuner.

JD allows you to simple take the seat off and make adjustments on a ride.

I am using the bike for baja trips as a dual sport bike. Not a race bike.

WELL BIT THE BULLET COULD NEVER MAKE IT TO THE DEALER SO GOT THE IBEAT SOFTWARE..PRETTY EASY TO USE AND GOT THE BIKE RUNNING DECENT.NOT TO SURE IF IAM MAKING IT TO RICH OR NOT IAM STILL PLAYIN WITH IT.. :ride: