PIM 2 for 2014 RMZ450

Does anyone run a PIM 2 for their 2014 RMZ450? Would I get the one for the 2013 RMZ450 for mine? Also, I hear Yoshimura has a lot of maps on their website, where can the be found?

Thanks!

Does anyone run a PIM 2 for their 2014 RMZ450? Would I get the one for the 2013 RMZ450 for mine? Also, I hear Yoshimura has a lot of maps on their website, where can the be found?

Thanks!

BDubb can point you in the right direction he is the man. Honestly mine is pretty good with white lean coupler av gas and fmf r 4.1 slipon,Rekluse clutch it's very crisp and plenty of power oh yes removed metal backfire cage.

went up 2 teeth in the rear.

Yea... not a fan of the PIM2. To say I was disappointed was an understatement.  It was OK and was def an improvement over stock but doesn't do much in terms of the ability to adjust and only gives you the option for one size fits all fuel maps. You would be better off having your stock ECU remapped or going with the vortex so you can also make ignition changes to create a map for your specific motor and riding style. The plus of using the Vortex or stock ECU is the ability to make adjustments to timing as well. I chose the stock ECU over the Vortex solely based on the price. The Vortex is about $600 vs. the $50 it costs to have the stock ECU remapped. I had portions of my maps where timing was adjusted by up to 17% along with some drastic changes to fuel delivery at certain RPM ranges to get rid of flat spots. I am 100% satisfied with the stock ECU. 

Yea... not a fan of the PIM2. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. It was OK and was def an improvement over stock but doesn't do much in terms of the ability to adjust and only gives you the option for one size fits all fuel maps. You would be better off having your stock ECU remapped or going with the vortex so you can also make ignition changes to create a map for your specific motor and riding style. The plus of using the Vortex or stock ECU is the ability to make adjustments to timing as well. I chose the stock ECU over the Vortex solely based on the price. The Vortex is about $600 vs. the $50 it costs to have the stock ECU remapped. I had portions of my maps where timing was adjusted by up to 17% along with some drastic changes to fuel delivery at certain RPM ranges to get rid of flat spots. I am 100% satisfied with the stock ECU.

I can get the PIM 2 for $220 shipped to my door. I had thought about getting that along with a RS4 slip on muffler. You said the PIM 2 was definitely an improvement over stock...can elaborate more on this?

I remember you mentioning that yoshimura has downloadable maps on their website...where can this be found?

As for remapping the stock ECU, who did you have do this...and why was this option better than the PIM 2?

Thanks Bdubb!

Don't get me wrong, the PIM works. Basically the PIM can and will help crispen the stock throttle response by cleaning up the fuel map slightly. However you cannot customize the map at all without the auto tune. If you don't like the map you download another and hope that works. I could not find a map that I really liked. 

By having your stock ECU remapped you can get the power exactly how you want it at all throttle openings because you can make adjustments to fuel trim and ignition. With the PIM you have to hope that you like one of the Yosh maps because you cannot program them. I had TheMotoLab remap my ECU. After riding both, I can honestly say that the stock ECU gave me better results for the tracks I ride and exactly how I wanted the power to be delivered and when I say better I mean drastically better. He was able to make the motor rev exactly how I explained I wanted it to run! 

Save yourself $150 and get better results. 

It looks like they took the downloadable maps off the site for some reason.