Kazuma carb problem

Atv

I,m working on a 110 Kazuma ATV with carb problems. It has a PZ19 carb and it is running very rich at idle and the idle mixture screw does not respond any adustment . I've had the carb off, striped and cleaned it (it was very dirty) . One question I have concerns the idle mixture screw. Any ones I've seen have a relatively long thin taper but this does have a short taper and a flat end. I wonder if anyone could confirm if that is correct. I do not see how it can meter the idle mixture as the "blunt end" cannot enter the fuel passage.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.                       Craig

I,m working on a 110 Kazuma ATV with carb problems. It has a PZ19 carb and it is running very rich at idle and the idle mixture screw does not respond any adustment . I've had the carb off, striped and cleaned it (it was very dirty) . One question I have concerns the idle mixture screw. Any ones I've seen have a relatively long thin taper but this does have a short taper and a flat end. I wonder if anyone could confirm if that is correct. I do not see how it can meter the idle mixture as the "blunt end" cannot enter the fuel passage.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Craig

I just picked up a z-star 110 yesterday for my daughter and its basically the same quad. I need to do a little servicing to it anyway so ill let you know after I pull the carb if your still looking for answers.

Hello Spencer,  thanks for the reply but the fellow I was doing the repair for decided to buy a new carb online. He installed it and that cured the problem. The whole machine itself had seen better days. I think it will become a lifetime project.

Thanks again         Cheers