Ideal Idle

I installed an RPM gauge so I can see what is going on with my DRZ.

What is the ideal idle when the bike is warm?

Bike is 2013, 3X3, JD kit and MRD uncorked?

Thanks

I kept mine around 1500-1600 rpm, never had an issue.

Book says to set idle around 1500RPM for the CV carb.

I noticed that running the idle a little higher than that resulted in better off idle response.

I set mine to ~1700RPM.

Thanks guys, 1700 it is.

Mine runs 18-1900 rpm's depending on temps

I set mine to 1,850. 

Just because it can idle lower, does not mean it should. A low idle causes a lot of piston slap.

i think my fuel screw is off a bit..

my idle fluctuates between 1600-1880rpms..at stop lights fully warmed

1800 to 1900 rpm is where I prefer the idle....A good solid idle reduces the chance of stalling 

Edited by Craig-o

I was way low, now that I have a tach and can tell what is going on.

Huge improvement off the line bumping it to 1700.

Thanks guys.

Yeah ...1800 is good

i set mine higher because of the fcr. any lower than like 1700 seems like it will stall at lights. 1800 is usually good...

Mine was set way low when I bought it and was experiencing hard starts, lots of stalling, etc. My Vapor read very jumpy, between 1300 and 2000 even though it idled smooth. As I started cranking up the idle, it stabilized and is now set around 1850 (hot). It'll idle smoothly as low as 1400 or so, but dies if you snap the throttle open quickly.

My Vapor read very jumpy, between 1300 and 2000 even though it idled smooth.

Did you wrap around the plug wire or tap into the coil? Just curious because I wired mine to the coil and it's dead on, I hear a lot about it not reading accurately from some people though

Did you wrap around the plug wire or tap into the coil? Just curious because I wired mine to the coil and it's dead on, I hear a lot about it not reading accurately from some people though

The PO wrapped of around the plug wire. I'll look into other wiring options! Seems like it could be more accurate if it doesn't have to rely on induction.