Smart carb

Has any body have a smart carb on the kx 250 01

No, but I want one too.

Ive been thinking about a Smart carb also. We were going to put one on my wifes KX300 if we couldnt get it jetted right but she got it pretty spot on. My 500 is in need of a new carb so I might get one for it later on.

Have you checked the dimensions to see if it will physically fit on your bike?

I have seen a smart carb on a kx 250.  Two years ago at the Pikes Peak Hill Climb one of the competitors was running a smart carb,  I can't remember the year of the bike.  It looked sweet,  Sounded even better.  I had one on order but decided against it after delays and  purchasing a JD jet kit for the KX,  The KX has plenty of room front to back.  The top of the carb clearance made me nervous.  The guys at smart carb said they could build a brass swivel for the carb to fit my 2005 much like the stock carb,  They had to fabricate a similar piece for the competitor I saw racing.  

A side note, I bought a Lectron for my KTM 200.  Still trying to get it dialed in after a couple rides.  

Very expensive solution to a problem that really does not exist. At this stage the SC is a crude piece that still needs more testing and development. The mfg facility being used appears to be incapable of consistently producing parts to spec. Spend some time to dial in your present carb. 90% of bikes I see are jetted very poorly. I owned a Lectron back in the 80s and finally sent it back, did not even ask for a refund, just wanted it gone. Leave the "magic" carbs and spark plugs to the J. C. Whitney catalog types. 

I owned a Lectron back in the 80s and finally sent it back, did not even ask for a refund, just wanted it gone. 

I wouldn't think you'd get a refund after ~30 years.

I was thinking about getting one