2006 525 EXC Gearing Question

Hello,

I'm sure this has been discussed a lot but I'm riding my 525 mostly on the street to work and home along with some weekend cruising. The previous owner had it geared 13:50 I'm assuming for trails. On the road at 60mph I find i'm searching for another gear. What is the ideal gearing for street use, 14:42? I don't want to lose all the bottom end grunt but I don't want to be running high rpms cruising at 60 mph either. Thanks for the input guys!

Delete.

Edited by Chas_M

If you do any serious trail riding, you don't want to go any lower than the stock 14/48 gearing. 14/48 works reasonably well for moderate single-track yet easily cruises at 70+ mph on the road. If you don't do any trail riding then 14/42 or 15/45 single purpose gearing would be OK.

I have an 08 300 xc that is my trail bike, the 525 will be essentially just street use.

If you do any serious trail riding, you don't want to go any higher than the stock 14/48 gearing. 14/48 works reasonably well for moderate single-track yet easily cruises at 70+ mph on the road. If you don't do any trail riding then 14/42 or 15/45 single purpose gearing would be OK.

Correction.