air vent problem

what is this where does it go an how the hells it unplugged, vacuum/airvent? drz400s 01 stock carb

081.JPG

It is the vent for the coolant over flow tank.

That is supposed to be open like that, it is meant to reference atmospheric pressure.

Completely normal

It is the vent for the coolant over flow tank.

It is????

Looks like the carb atmospheric vent hose to me, but the pic is a bit blurry.. 

What does the carb atmospheric vent do? I can get a better pic when I get outa work

What does the carb atmospheric vent do? I can get a better pic when I get outa work

That carb, the Mikuni BSR36 is a constant velocity type, ie the slide is actuated by engine vacuum. In order for that to happen, the other side if the slide diaphragm but be open to normal atmospheric pressure. That hose depicted accomplishes that task.

It is????

Looks like the carb atmospheric vent hose to me, but the pic is a bit blurry.. 

I only looked at the thumb. Upon a better look with my glasses on... Yup. the cab vent.

I only looked at the thumb. Upon a better look with my glasses on... Yup. the cab vent.

All good... 

Happens all the time now when i read posts on my phone instead of a 22" LCD computer monitor