Sign in to follow this  

Painting a steel frame

Hi all,

So I recently picked up a rm 125 and through the years the frame has been worn out and looks pretty bad.  Since the bike has been stripped and is in the process of getting restored I was thinking about about painting it.  Same goes for the Triple clamps. I want to know from personal experience what is the best bang for buck method I can DIY. I was thinking black frame maybe factory grey and blue triple clamps.  I really would like to do it now since its apart and am thinking of top quality paint and clear coat.  Rattle cans?  Paint gun? Would like to hear what has worked and hopefully is recent!!

Thanks

Hi all,

So I recently picked up a rm 125 and through the years the frame has been worn out and looks pretty bad. Since the bike has been stripped and is in the process of getting restored I was thinking about about painting it. Same goes for the Triple clamps. I want to know from personal experience what is the best bang for buck method I can DIY. I was thinking black frame maybe factory grey and blue triple clamps. I really would like to do it now since its apart and am thinking of top quality paint and clear coat. Rattle cans? Paint gun? Would like to hear what has worked and hopefully is recent!!

Thanks

id spend the 50 bucks and have a place powercoat it. Worth the money and probably doesn't cost much more than buying the paint.

id spend the 50 bucks and have a place powercoat it. Worth the money and probably doesn't cost much more than buying the paint.

Where is it 50 bucks lol.  Its 200 over here

• Like 1