Sign in to follow this  

Crf250l/ cbr250r clutch upgrade

After some information on upgrading the crf250l clutch, I understand their is a high performance cbr250r option, but im still unaware of the details and how I would go about getting and installing one.

What is best suited for crf250l supermoto convert.

I have also seen "ricks modification page" he removes the judder spring,

Any help would be awesome thanks again,

Before spending money on the clutch I would be spending money on suspension, big bore kit or even a galfer oversized front disc.

Even a bigger fuel tank.

There's not a lot to be gained from playing with tbe clutch, both are equally crap. Hopefully Rekluse make a beefed up manual clutch in the future.

Probably the only thing worth doing that is a cheap mod is getting uprated clutch springs

Edited by Positron007
  • Like 1

I have never rode a slipper clutch I understand u can drop down gears with out locking up the rear but would gearing up still have a good feel? Yeah the bigbore kit is next on list will order next week sometime still tossing up going the full cam kit with it, not fused about the bigger tank I don't do long trips yet and going for the supermoto style so ill get bigger disc's on my 17" once I get them, now the reason for my question is dropping the clutch some times feels like its just not grabbing and I think its the judder setup but not 100% and after looking at parts for crfs I now understand you need to start researching early as there seems to be many options, thanks again

P.s I apologize for bad grammar as im using a smart phone with a tiny window for typing

I have never rode a slipper clutch I understand u can drop down gears with out locking up the rear but would gearing up still have a good feel? Yeah the bigbore kit is next on list will order next week sometime still tossing up going the full cam kit with it, not fused about the bigger tank I don't do long trips yet and going for the supermoto style so ill get bigger disc's on my 17" once I get them, now the reason for my question is dropping the clutch some times feels like its just not grabbing and I think its the judder setup but not 100% and after looking at parts for crfs I now understand you need to start researching early as there seems to be many options, thanks again

P.s I apologize for bad grammar as im using a smart phone with a tiny window for typing

Mr Jason will have a hearty attack==someone call the paramedic's

If you get the oversized disc, see if bikerbitz can get it for you cheap. Don't purchase in Australia they will rob you.

Regarding Big bore kit, the Takegawa kit might be a better product than the B&B

You don't need a slipper clutch. Just wait till it needs to be replaced then replace it with something better, or look at getting some uprated clutch springs now.

I have done over 14000km, 11000 km has been with the big bore kit and I am still on the original clutch.

Edited by Positron007
  • Like 3