What is the loudest aftermarket exhaust/muffler for a 09 crf230f

Just looking to make my bike LOUDER already took out the baffle and i still want it to be louder don't care if it improves my performance or not cause bike goes hard as it is just wanting to make it more louder please (no haters)

Just take it off then. Ultimate performance. Don't forget to take out those pesky air filters too! All those bastards do is restrict airflow!

You have much growing up to do grasshopper.

Go down to your local napa auto parts store and get a cherry bomb muffler. You'll be the envy of the trailer park after that.

We have a procircut t4 on the misses 230 it's is pretty loud for a 230, at first it wasn't. But it seemed as the muffler wore in it got noticeable louder

98 yz125

2004 ttr125

2006 crf230

2001 ktm520 sx

2003 kx100

Remove the muffler entirely. Get some flex pipe and aim it straight up and terminate it in a megaphone.

Straight pipe, no muffler, no air filter, and DON'T re-jet.

You have much growing up to do grasshopper.

You took my line!!!

If you want your bike louder remove the spark arrestor assembly.  It'll sound like garbage but it will be stinking loud.

We have a procircut t4 on the misses 230 it's is pretty loud for a 230, at first it wasn't. But it seemed as the muffler wore in it got noticeable louder

98 yz125
2004 ttr125
2006 crf230
2001 ktm520 sx
2003 kx100

It probably needs to be repacked.  Most systems do after every 8 to 12 hours of riding.

Edited by VortecCPI

If they have a Home Depot your way, I understand the sell briggs and stratten mufflers. If that's not loud enough buy a 33 gallon metal trash can and some large zip ties. Remove your muffler poke a small hole in the trash can bottom then zip tie it to the bike.

Varrooooom pop pop pop why you'll have the largest loudest trailer trash pipe on the planet !

Take off your muffler and attach a flex pipe. Drill hole in your helmet right around your ear area and stick pipe through the hole.

If you think making your bike louder is cool, then I'd imagine you'd think what I just said it even cooler. Do it and report back.

Just take it off then. Ultimate performance. Don't forget to take out those pesky air filters too! All those bastards do is restrict airflow!

-Ronnie Mac

An Engines Only pipe with the end cover and baffles removed. It will sound like a one cylinder MotoGP bike.

1) Remove the exhaust completely and run it straight out of the head.

2) Remove air filter.

3) Do no re-jet.

4) No helmet so you can really hear the noise. 

5) Install bigger power-band to increase noise levels.

You will be the envy of your neighborhood.. 

It will sound far louder if you ride wheelies on it in front of the local Police station.

5) Install bigger power-band to increase noise levels.

This is a common misconception.  You cannot install a bigger Powerband as you must use the one designed for your engine.  A bigger Powerband will not fit properly.  It will have slack, which will actually decrease performance.  It will, however, give you "snappy" throttle response, which feels very cool.  This is why so many bikes feel "snappy" when you ride them.

I suggest you get the "Purple Circle" Powerband, similar to MOPAR's "Purple Stick" camshaft.  The Powerbands go in order of the colors in the rainbow.  Honda, and many other mild bikes, come with a red Powerband.  This is why Hondas are all red in color.  As the bikes get more and more serious the color changes:

Hondas were never known for extreme power but they are definitely known for reliability.  This is because they all use a red Powerband from the factory.  Remember when Yamahas were yellow?  Now they're blue and they're kicking some serious butt.  They jumped right over Kawasaki's green Powerband and went right to blue.  They are very serious machines now.

If you're not too sure just get a yellow or green Powerband.  If that's not enough step up to a blue or purple Powerband.  I'm not too sure if it's true but I read somewhere there are shops that can re-tune your existing Powerband for less than the price of a new one.  You'll want to check that out because I think it's complete BS.  You might be able to go from purple on down but not from red on up.

Also...  Be sure to change your oil after the new Powerband is installed and before you ride.  If not the Powerband will not seat right and it will slip and wear prematurely.  A worn orange Powerband, for example, is no better than a red Powerband so be careful!  If it wears too much the engine will idle but not make any power while riding.  It will rev up just fine in neutral but once you get on it it will feel gutless.

I still feel there must be a way to make an adjustable Powerband.  I believe it's possible but the manufacturers don't make one so they can sell a whole bunch of different ones in order to charge us more.  They are all a bunch of greedy SOBs.

Edited by VortecCPI

Just take it off right at the engine. Forget all that gay pipe stuff. Then you can spend all your money on black plastics and energy drink stickers.

You got to run on heavy heavy fuel

Put a smoke stack on it and run diesel through it. Boosts performance

This is a common misconception.  You cannot install a bigger Powerband as you must use the one designed for your engine.  A bigger Powerband will not fit properly.  It will have slack, which will actually decrease performance.  It will, however, give you "snappy" throttle response, which feels very cool.  This is why so many bikes feel "snappy" when you ride them.

I suggest you get the "Purple Circle" Powerband, similar to MOPAR's "Purple Stick" camshaft.  The Powerbands go in order of the colors in the rainbow.  Honda, and many other mild bikes, come with a red Powerband.  This is why Hondas are all red in color.  As the bikes get more and more serious the color changes:

Hondas were never known for extreme power but they are definitely known for reliability.  This is because they all use a red Powerband from the factory.  Remember when Yamahas were yellow?  Now they're blue and they're kicking some serious butt.  They jumped right over Kawasaki's green Powerband and went right to blue.  They are very serious machines now.

If you're not too sure just get a yellow or green Powerband.  If that's not enough step up to a blue or purple Powerband.  I'm not too sure if it's true but I read somewhere there are shops that can re-tune your existing Powerband for less than the price of a new one.  You'll want to check that out because I think it's complete BS.  You might be able to go from purple on down but not from red on up.

Also...  Be sure to change your oil after the new Powerband is installed and before you ride.  If not the Powerband will not seat right and it will slip and wear prematurely.  A worn orange Powerband, for example, is no better than a red Powerband so be careful!  If it wears too much the engine will idle but not make any power while riding.  It will rev up just fine in neutral but once you get on it it will feel gutless.

I still feel there must be a way to make an adjustable Powerband.  I believe it's possible but the manufacturers don't make one so they can sell a whole bunch of different ones in order to charge us more.  They are all a bunch of greedy SOBs.

Vortec -

Awesome tip..!!  

I installed a "used" power-band (gloss black in color) from a Hayabusa Super bike.. got a great deal on Craigslist.. gave me some insane top end. Damn thing would do wheelies around the entire mx track.. jumps and all.! Another good tip is to spray paint your front and rear tires the same color as the bike.! I spray painted my tires florescent bright red which significantly increased my cornering speed.. the bike would grab traction in tight turns like it was on rails.

I'm curious if a "Red" over-size power band would be better than a Hayabusa "Black" power-band..?? 

Great tip on the power-band colors...!!  :thumbsup: 

Thanks.

F1