1992 XR600R Pivot Hole Damaged - Is it ok?

Hey Guys,

I am currently nearing the end of street build of my old Honda XR600R.

From This

ea831ede_o.jpeg

To this

7e6c297c_o.jpegbda5cd51_o.jpeg

Last night i stripped it down to have the frame sandblasted and set into taking the swing arm and rear suspension apart to put new bearings in and to give it all a good clean up.

When i cleaned all the gunk out of the swing arm pivot hole I saw that the outer ring (where the dust seal goes on) was cracked. This bike is probably only going to do city riding now, but i was wondeing if any of you guys have had experience with damage like this before.

55eb1a03_o.jpeg92eada6a_o.jpeg

1daaf0d6_o.jpeg

Im just sorta worried if i ride on it and the hole is reamed out a bit the new bearings and swing arm pivot bolt will become ruined quickly or that the bearings might fail again like these ones have.

Thanks guys

Michael D

No experience, but Wow looking good! What exhaust are yiuvusing and how did you make the seat? Especially interested in the frame. Have you done modifications? Cheers

Replace the bearings and run it .....while you find a replacement. Might have cracks extending deeper than you can see.  It could be heliarced up but I doubt you could restore it for less than another used swingarm.

No experience, but Wow looking good! What exhaust are yiuvusing and how did you make the seat? Especially interested in the frame. Have you done modifications? Cheers

Hey okay73, I got a supertrapp IDS2 it has an angled cone at the end that isn't installed in the picture, but I got it because it has adjustable silencing discs you can use to get the sound/performance mic you want.

I bought the seat, but cut away the sub frame and bent and welded heavy walled steel tube in the shape of the seat outline. Then rewelded it onto the main frame. Left the forks alone. Put a k&n filter on the carby and used an cg125 petrol tank.

I'm not a mechanic but have some hand tool / welding skills.

Pretty fun project and really close to the finish line :)

Hey okay73, I got a supertrapp IDS2 it has an angled cone at the end that isn't installed in the picture, but I got it because it has adjustable silencing discs you can use to get the sound/performance mic you want.

I bought the seat, but cut away the sub frame and bent and welded heavy walled steel tube in the shape of the seat outline. Then rewelded it onto the main frame. Left the forks alone. Put a k&n filter on the carby and used an cg125 petrol tank.

I'm not a mechanic but have some hand tool / welding skills.

Pretty fun project and really close to the finish line :)

Keep up the good work and thanks for the info

Keep up the good work and thanks for the info

Hey Guys,

I got a 2nd hand swing arm and installed it over the weekend. Thanks for all the replys

Here are some updated photos as payment haha

IMG_20140831_151756.jpg

IMG_20140831_151822.jpg

IMG_20140831_173038.jpg