1992 XR600R Pivot Hole Damaged - Is it ok?

Hey Guys,

I am currently nearing the end of street build of my old Honda XR600R.

From This

ea831ede_o.jpeg

To this

7e6c297c_o.jpegbda5cd51_o.jpeg

Last night i stripped it down to have the frame sandblasted and set into taking the swing arm and rear suspension apart to put new bearings in and to give it all a good clean up.

When i cleaned all the gunk out of the swing arm pivot hole I saw that the outer ring (where the dust seal goes on) was cracked. This bike is probably only going to do city riding now, but i was wondeing if any of you guys have had experience with damage like this before.

55eb1a03_o.jpeg92eada6a_o.jpeg

1daaf0d6_o.jpeg

Im just sorta worried if i ride on it and the hole is reamed out a bit the new bearings and swing arm pivot bolt will become ruined quickly or that the bearings might fail again like these ones have.

Thanks guys

Michael D

IMHO, get a new swingarm or have that one repaired, will require a tig and machining, probably cheaper just to buy a new swingarm...

I would be VERY uncomfortable riding around town knowing the condition of that bearing support....

Part number 52100-MN1-680, $447.74 at partzilla...

That and water WILL get in and roach the new bearings everytime you wash the bike...

B

There is a swing arm on e bay right now off a 96 for$74. It will cost at least that much to repair yours. A used replacement sounds like a no-brainer to me.

That and water WILL get in and roach the new bearings everytime you wash the bike...

B

There is a swing arm on e bay right now off a 96 for$74. It will cost at least that much to repair yours. A used replacement sounds like a no-brainer to me.

IMHO, get a new swingarm or have that one repaired, will require a tig and machining, probably cheaper just to buy a new swingarm...

I would be VERY uncomfortable riding around town knowing the condition of that bearing support....

Part number 52100-MN1-680, $447.74 at partzilla...

Hey guys,

Thanks. I'll probably just go with an Ebay one for now. A brand new one is about a quarter of the purchase price of the bike.

Sort of annoying  that youcant really pick up this sort of damage you when you buy the darn thing.

I could have saved $100 buying the bearing and bolts if id ordered AFTERi took the swing arm off...

Anyway cheers

Why not put those new parts into your used arm that your buying while its apart. The used swing arm will probably need some TLC any ways like the rest off the bike it was on, why else is it being parted out.