Sign in to follow this  

What's the most riding you've done in a given period of time?

mL26's megathread that required over 10,000 posts to answer the question about her bike's length made me think about this.

If you could ride every day for a month, a year, whatever, would you?  I would get a huge sense of accomplishment out of it.

mL26's megathread that required over 10,000 posts to answer the question about her bike's length made me think about this.

If you could ride every day for a month, a year, whatever, would you?  I would get a huge sense of accomplishment out of it.

i rode my street legal ktm 620 exc every day for about 4 years the speedo stop working on 56k kilometers and the longest trip was from puerto montt to Valparaiso more than 1000 kilometers in 16 hours of punishment

Edited by MatimotoF1
  • Like 2

i rode my street legal ktm 620 exc every day for about 4 years the speedo stop working on 56k kilometers and the longest trip was from puerto montt to Valparaiso more than 1000 kilometers in 16 hours of punishment

I used to not keep track of riding, but I'd bet that I rode over 40 weekends and over 120 hours a year when I was 18-20 years old.  Amazing riding in SoCal.  Now I have to drive 90 mins one way to ride a good area, but it's still  place only the size of a postage stamp where we ride in TXass.

If money allowed, darn straight I would ride everyday. Unfortunately I have to work for a living.

Probably would not ride every day for life, but think it would be a cool adventure to take off on a newer enduro/tour machine and head out. Just stop to sleep and change of underpants and socks....socks at a minimum...lol

Three hours/~50 miles on Tuesday, Thursday, Sat and Sunday is about all my body can take.  Riding anymore than that, and it's a bit of a chore.  I did four days back to back this year and I almost didn't go out on the forth day.

Going exploring on fire roads with an adventure bike could be good fun on recovery days, but idk, I've never done that type of riding.

Riding everyday for a year wouldn't be much fun after a while.  But going on a year long adventure riding 3/4/5 days a week and exploring towns and national parks etc along the way would be pretty awesome.  Then again, coming back to a toy hauler with hot shower would be even better.  You could still explore the local trails for a few weeks, then move on to the next area.

• Like 2

With only 180his hrs on an 07 525, my answer would be" not much riding over a long period"

Every now and then we pull a century ride. For you enduro/adventure guys that might not seem like that much but take into consideration that our century rides are 100 miles of New England single track - no asphalt or dirt roads, just tight and nasty "roots, ruts, rocks and mud" single track. That's the main reason I got rid of my ring-ding and got a thumper. Gas mileage and the option of stopping at any gas station and topping off without worrying about pre-mix.

I love my 450 but I do miss my 300 2T.

• Like 2

Every now and then we pull a century ride. For you enduro/adventure guys that might not seem like that much but take into consideration that our century rides are 100 miles of New England single track - no asphalt or dirt roads, just tight and nasty "roots, ruts, rocks and mud" single track. That's the main reason I got rid of my ring-ding and got a thumper. Gas mileage and the option of stopping at any gas station and topping off without worrying about pre-mix.

I love my 450 but I do miss my 300 2T.

I hear ya there , I manage 2 to 4 rides of 25-35 miles a week in New Hampshire's  woods not all single track but pretty rough and rocky class 6 roads.

• Like 1

I hear ya there , I manage 2 to 4 rides of 25-35 miles a week in New Hampshire's woods not all single track but pretty rough and rocky class 6 roads.

Where abouts in NH? I'm in Tewksbury, MA. Always looking for someone new to ride with. PM me if you wanna hook up for a ride sometime.

• Like 1

I used to not keep track of riding, but I'd bet that I rode over 40 weekends and over 120 hours a year when I was 18-20 years old. Amazing riding in SoCal. Now I have to drive 90 mins one way to ride a good area, but it's still place only the size of a postage stamp where we ride in TXass.

from the time I was 7 5-7 days a week till 22 screwed up my collarbone then stopped till a year ago I'm gonna be 43 Aug 20.

In 2010 I put 4040 miles on a DR650 in 15 days. Didn’t ride for two weeks after that.

Last year I put in 100 laps on a quarter mile flattrack, at or near race speed. I paid dearly for that. I was so sore the next two days I could hardly walk.

2300 miles over 11 days in 2012.  Mostly dirt roads, some trails, some pavement.  2007 525EXC.  It was fun and I was even willing to ride that motorcycle a couple of weeks later.  Doing it again next month with a plan to hit more trails, and a buddy so we can hit the nastiest of the nasty trails.

8000 miles over 21 days in 2011.  KLR650 to Alaska.  It was fun, but I did not look at that motorcycle for six months after that.

• Like 3

I ride almost every day in the summer, at least once a week in the winter, but not all on dirt bikes. Last year I only put on a little over 2k on my truck and 15k on my bikes.

My best was 2400 miles in 3 days to my mothers funeral in Northern Michigan, then 2400 miles in 3 days back.

My longest was 23,000 miles in 4 months one summer, including Alaska. I then moved there.

Obviously those two were not on a dirt bike.

Dirt, maybe a 10 hr. day.

Dual Sport, maybe a 10-12 hour day. 50/50 miles, 80/20 time.

Mike

• Like 1

from the time I was 7 5-7 days a week till 22 screwed up my collarbone then stopped till a year ago I'm gonna be 43 Aug 20.

The biggest pause I took in riding from when I was 3--was from 12-17 when I rode only probably 10 times. My dad bought a few bikes here and there, them I buckled down and saved $1700 for my own, used, 1995 KDX 200!!! I was so proud. Then a year later I went to Cali and my uncle introduced me to the CR 500..

So my biggest pause was a five year period when my parents didn't buy me a bike. I grew up at age 16 and saved for my own bike by 17, I was happy as a pig in mud.

• Like 2

Michigan CCCT.  800 miles in 6 days. Beat the crap out of us,  put one brother in the hospital. 

• Like 3

The biggest pause I took in riding from when I was 3--was from 12-17 when I rode only probably 10 times. My dad bought a few bikes here and there, them I buckled down and saved $1700 for my own, used, 1995 KDX 200!!! I was so proud. Then a year later I went to Cali and my uncle introduced me to the CR 500..

So my biggest pause was a five year period when my parents didn't buy me a bike. I grew up at age 16 and saved for my own bike by 17, I was happy as a pig in mud.

I had a paper route, 11-12 years old, then a hardware store job 13-17. Worked while the other kids were swimming, but had a bike from 12 on.

Mike

• Like 1

Michigan CCCT.  800 miles in 6 days. Beat the crap out of us,  put one brother in the hospital. 

I looked up what was Michigan CCCT...looks hard core man..I love it!

If you could ride every day for a month, a year, whatever, would you?

My brain says yes, but my body might revolt.

Not sure I could handle riding everyday - I ride off road only.