Looking for a neck brace but..

I am kinda on the fence since I've heard some horror stories about leatts. The tail that is supposed to break off went Into the guy's spine and paralyzed him. I know of another that the brace broke his collar bone. Is there any brace without this kind of reputation?

The brace thats on the guy that doesnt crash

Atlas.

Haven't had any problems from my Alpinestars, its the newer version without the dumb boot buckle latch, also a much wider tail that distributes the load more evenly on your back.

1406301407976.jpg

I am kinda on the fence since I've heard some horror stories about leatts. The tail that is supposed to break off went Into the guy's spine and paralyzed him. I know of another that the brace broke his collar bone. Is there any brace without this kind of reputation?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1096565-do-you-hate-neck-braces/

Already being talked about currently.

The few negative ocurrances will always get attention, but the thousands of other incidents where people lives were saved will go unnoticed.

In the case of the broken collar bone....what might have been the outcome if no brace had been worn? I'll take a broken collar bone over a broken neck....

I personally believe wearing any brace will help you in more cases than it will hurt you. I wear a Leatt, my sons wear Atlas'.

Edited by Fattonz

Go with the atlas it's the most comfortable and it doesn't sit on your collarbone like the leatt and the support on the back is sitting on your shoulder blades instead of your spine.

Go with the atlas it's the most comfortable and it doesn't sit on your collarbone like the leatt and the support on the back is sitting on your shoulder blades instead of your spine.

I will look into the Atlas thank you.

The few negative ocurrances will always get attention, but the thousands of other incidents where people lives were saved will go unnoticed.

In the case of the broken collar bone....what might have been the outcome if no brace had been worn? I'll take a broken collar bone over a broken neck....

I personally believe wearing any brace will help you in more cases than it will hurt you. I wear a Leatt, my sons wear Atlas'.

oh trust me I will be getting a neck brace regardless. I don't feel too confident or comfortable on unfamiliar tracks and kind of ruins my fun. It's just the leatts I have heard about the horror stories. But not any other brace. Collar bone issue I agree with that however being paralyzed because of the brace. Sorry but I would rather die than being paralyzed over a brace with a defect. But I am going to research the Atlas.

I will look into the Atlas thank you.

oh trust me I will be getting a neck brace regardless. I don't feel too confident or comfortable on unfamiliar tracks and kind of ruins my fun. It's just the leatts I have heard about the horror stories. But not any other brace. Collar bone issue I agree with that however being paralyzed because of the brace. Sorry but I would rather die than being paralyzed over a brace with a defect. But I am going to research the Atlas.

The horror stories are potentially for no other reason than they were the first and now largest manufacturer so take that for what you will.  I personally prefer the design of the Atlas brace as there are far less potential downsides to it.