Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

help for choosing a piston (08 R or oem) and the gasket ?

im in the process of refreashing /maintening the X i just bought
so yeah i order 2 intake seat along with a valve/spring set
and the piston is in there since 06 so i think its time for a new one
ive heard that that you can put a 08 piston into the X to give it more compression  ... i was wondering if i would see anny improvement and what gasket should i be using .. 
oo and the bike has a pro circuit  slip on . should  the bike be rejetted ?
no other mods

It’s possible the owner before you already jetted the bike if it has a slip on. If not I would definitely recommend jetting it, makes a huge difference. I just recently did a top end, most people recommend OEM gaskets. I ended up going with the OEM X piston but if you want higher compression you could also look into JE and Wiseco pistons, a lot of people here recommend them and they aren’t much more expensive than OEM. Higher compression will give you more power. Also make sure you deglaze the walls before you install the piston.

The OEM piston for an '08 250r is what most people recommend on the forums for higher compression. It's a 13.2:1 where Weisco's is a 13.5:1, but cheaper and probably more reliable.

never mind i just order a wiseco piston 13.5 .. will be ordering a cam stage one soon .. hopefully it will save my valve .. (new ss)