My first bike... 01 Cr80

So I bought my first dirt bike for 600 bucks! :ride: 
It was raced a while back and my friend got it from the kid who raced. My friend had it bored over a little. Anyways,  was curious to know if anyone has any experience with different sprockets on cr80's? I like doing wheelies so I was considering going smaller on the front sprocket. But I am also curious as to what kind of speed an 80 could be geared up to.

0721141709.jpg

So I bought my first dirt bike for 600 bucks! :ride: 

It was raced a while back and my friend got it from the kid who raced. My friend had it bored over a little. Anyways,  was curious to know if anyone has any experience with different sprockets on cr80's? I like doing wheelies so I was considering going smaller on the front sprocket. But I am also curious as to what kind of speed an 80 could be geared up to.

Believe me a CR80 will wheelie with stock gearing no problem.  It should be geared for about 65mph with stock gearing as well.

I challenge you to ride it without the front wheel coming off of the ground.

Edited by KcDavis

lol, the front wheel comes up, but i want to keep it up a little easier and do slower wheelies to

lol, the front wheel comes up, but i want to keep it up a little easier and do slower wheelies to

When I was a kid, I could pull a wheelie in 3rd and ride it all the way through 6th on my cr80.  You just have to keep it balanced.  As far as slow wheelies, it is a matter of using your clutch and brake to keep it balanced in that case, has nothing to do with sprocket size.