Interesting thoughts on the 350SX-F....

....from a 6'3" 190lb guy.  

Interesting that the bike that they are running has MX32's. If you can't ID the tread pattern, they are clearly shown at 3:45 for the front and 3:52 for the rear. At Mike Sleeter of KTM says "MX52s front and rear...we really worked hard with Dunlop to make these things compatible with this bike" hahaha.  They are delivered with the MX52s, which I find to be damn near dangerous on anything but blue groove, which is why I assume they swapped to the 32s for that track hahaha...

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000164458/news/first-impression-2015-ktm-350sx-f/

They are delivered with the MX52s, which I find to be damn near dangerous on anything but blue groove, which is why I assume they swapped to the 32s for that track hahaha...

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000164458/news/first-impression-2015-ktm-350sx-f/

I saw a guy at the track today on his 2015 350SX-F.  He wa flyin.  Looked like he had been on it all his life.  I asked him about it and he said he has always ridden Hondas and this was his first non honda.  Yes, it did come with MX52s.  And, I have them on my bike.  Hate them!!

I currently own a 2014.5 FE 450, previous was 12.5 FE450. I just bought a 2012 350 for a play/practice bike and i love this thing. I dont even really use my 450 to much. I feel like im faster and definatly can ring it out harder and longer. Little mushy down low but no worse then my 2012 250xs which i hated. And 2012 is somthing like 7hp less then the 2013. Really been debating trading my new FE in on a 2015 350sxf.

31 years old,200lb vet B racer btw

• Like 1

....from a 6'3" 190lb guy.  

Interesting that the bike that they are running has MX32's. If you can't ID the tread pattern, they are clearly shown at 3:45 for the front and 3:52 for the rear. At Mike Sleeter of KTM says "MX52s front and rear...we really worked hard with Dunlop to make these things compatible with this bike" hahaha.  They are delivered with the MX52s, which I find to be damn near dangerous on anything but blue groove, which is why I assume they swapped to the 32s for that track hahaha...

guess I misunderstood your post, I apologize. That being said, my new bike rips! mx52's and all. Will run mx32's on spare set of wheels for softer tracks

Edited by DEGBTI

really? who cares. You seriously started a thread about what Sleeter is running for tires? Let me explain for you. Stock tires are just that. Run what works for you and track conditions. Sleeter ran mx32's because they work better for where he was riding. If he was riding in blue groove he would run mx52's. If he was riding in the desert he would run mx81. If he was riding mud he would run a mud tire. KTM, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki don't know where you are going to ride, do they? So they spec a stock tire. You don't know this already?

on another note I rode my new 350 today for the first time. Oh, the mx52's worked great. Why? because I rode a int/hard terrain track. When I go to a soft/sand track I will run mx32's.

well, first i will start with the fact that you care...otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to respond.  

second, the thread was started to shed light on a positive review of the 350 from a larger guy...most men i know that are over 6 feet tall and 200lbs dont find 450s tough to handle.  our height puts us at a leverage advantage, and our weight tames the HP:weight ratio so the bikes dont feel as explosive.  it wasnt started so that you could enlighten us on the earth shattering advice that different conditions call for different tires.  but while we are at it, can you give us some insight on tinted goggle lense use vs sunlight? or how about vented gear for hot weather riding?  blinding flash of the obvious i say.  well done.

third, the fact that your reading comprehension skills won't allow you to see that i was making fun of KTM/sleeter is a bit alarming.  he asserted that KTM had Dunlop make the tires compatible with the bike.  I am quite certain that KTM didnt call up Dunlop and say "hey, I got this 350SX-F, I can't find any tires that will work on it, make me something compatible."  then to showcase that fallacy as a selling point all the while having the promotional video bike with MX32s is hilarious.  maybe i am the only one that sees the humor in that marketing fail....

at any rate, we should all be riding more and posting less...

Edited by tdc_worm

The mx52 sucks unless it is concrete you run at. Dusty-dry tracks with anything near a few millimeters of loose stuff ontop (or something called water!) and the front is dead. Rear stands up a little better but for the narrow usage area i think both front and rear sucks.

• Like 1

The mx52 sucks unless it is concrete you run at. Dusty-dry tracks with anything near a few millimeters of loose stuff ontop (or something called water!) and the front is dead. Rear stands up a little better but for the narrow usage area i think both front and rear sucks.

Agreed.  I switched to the MX32 front before 5 hours were up.  It crosses over to hard pack way better than the MX52 cross over to soft.  From a pure design standpoint, the MX32 front is somewhat similar to the Michelin S12...which is my all time favorite Mid/Soft front.  

Back to the 350SX-F...the mini review has me wanting to throw a leg over one....

Completly agree. I want one bad. Wish they made a FactoryEdittion 350 with all the goodies. That would be bad ass.

And im over the MX52 front. It sucks.every were. Loose dirt,hard packed didnt matter.it was always sketchy. It bit me in the ass twice. Second time it was a slammer on a hard packed down side, jacked my arm up good. Nothin like dirt rash lol

20140729_145157.jpg

Edited by yoshgixxer

I saw a guy at the track today on his 2015 350SX-F.  He wa flyin.  Looked like he had been on it all his life.  I asked him about it and he said he has always ridden Hondas and this was his first non honda.  Yes, it did come with MX52s.  And, I have them on my bike.  Hate them!!

Did this guys name happen to be Arnie Davis???

Completly agree. I want one bad. Wish they made a FactoryEdittion 350 with all the goodies. That would be bad ass.

And im over the MX52 front. It sucks.every were. Loose dirt,hard packed didnt matter.it was always sketchy. It bit me in the ass twice. Second time it was a slammer on a hard packed down side, jacked my arm up good. Nothin like dirt rash lol

No doubt...you would think that Antonio Cairoli's success (along with KTM's desire to push something only they have) would result in a blinged out 350 available to the masses.

As for the MX52 front...I have had the exact same thing happen to me on the downside of a blue groove landin...I cross jumped it to get into inside line of the corner and hit the ground hard hard enough for people 100 yards away to hear the impact.  The tire immediately found its way off the bike.

It was Dave Castillo , a 90's pro and parents own cti braces or something.

I had an 11 350 and a 13 350 both were fun as hell to ride. Im 6'3 240lbs and can ride it just as fast as a 450, little different way of doing it but I dont consider it a big 250f like some say. I pulled the trigger on a 15' 350 today and going to pick it up in the morning. I had a 13' 500 xcw that I had bought all the 14 1/2 factory edition plastic and graphics complete and was going to turn the 500 into a moto bike but after riding it a few times it was not going to be where I wanted so I sold it. The 350 is just super fun to ride and for me that is all the counts.

• Like 1

I also had a 11 350 SX-F w/ +2 rear teeth and aggressive map.  It was a fun bike but hated the forks.  I rode the 13 and 14.  Bike rips up top for sure but still did not like the fork and found the seated cornering position too high.  Going to try a 15 in Aug at the local KTM demo day.  Very interested in the 4CS forks and updated frame.  I expect 16 will be full model change.  Considering KTM's initial quality I may be getting a 15 left over when the 16 comes out.

Anyway, will eventually be going from my 450 to a 350.  Perfect bike for Vet (h. clutch, e-start, reasonable low-end with big mid/top, plush).

Edited by Honda574

Does any one know the real weight difference between 15'450 and 350sxf? And is the HP and engine of the 15' 350 the same as its been since 13/14?

Static weight according to manufacturer is 2.0 lb (0.9 kgf).  By "real" weight do you think manufacturer is inaccurate?  Considering common platform I would think this is correct.

I have not see peak HP for 2015 but based on change points I assume it is roughly the same.  The focus was chassis/suspension which is exactly where I would expect.

Static weight according to manufacturer is 2.0 lb (0.9 kgf).  By "real" weight do you think manufacturer is inaccurate?  Considering common platform I would think this is correct.

I have not see peak HP for 2015 but based on change points I assume it is roughly the same.  The focus was chassis/suspension which is exactly where I would expect.

I never know what to believe on KTM's website spec list!lol sometimes its good sometimes its not. Just wondering how 250sxf is 10lbs lighter but the 350sxf is only 2 lbs lighter then the 450. All the weight is in the larger cyclinder/head and piston?

Im really wondering if 2016's are going to be completely different. Maybe the small bores will be single cam motors to save weight also.