Just have one question to you losers

I had the original RFS, so the difference is much more pronounced but here goes. Turns a million times better in tight woods. That was one thing I didn't like about the 2000 RFS. Power is softer off the bottom and I'd dare say less all around but that isn't a bad thing. Then again this is far from broken in and I haven't opened it up fully yet. It seems to Rev up quicker, like it has less flywheel effect. Feels much, much, much lighter. You don't fight the bike at all. The only thing I think it may be 'worse' at is riding in open areas at speed. It just isn't as stable. Feels twitchy but certainly not horrible. Then again I haven't gotten my Scotts damper mounted up yet. As far as fuel delivery and the fuel injection goes..... What fuel injection? It feels like a dirt bike.

Edited by DR.billZ
  • Like 1

Don't know your weight but having the proper springs is absolutely essential, same for sag. So be sure the suspension is set properly for your riding weight with all your gear on, these bikes require this to be right much more than your 2000. Typically you can get away With the fork springs but your shock spring has to be right for your weight or it will never be sagged right, static and while sitting on it. If your over 200lbs you'll have to switch the fork springs, even then myself at 190 is border line but I don't mind it. Your Scott's won't fix anything unless this is all correct.

Just offering it up.

Mine wasnt too bad

Mine after 1.9 hours (I rode mostly street during that time) was REALLY dirty, and looked terrible.

Just did mine. Not much either.

What did your oil smell like? The first oil change on mine smelled almost like 90W oil. It was nasty smelling.

It's probably not a bad idea to check your valves like others have suggested. I didn't check mine until 60 hours. It was running good, so I figured why bother. BUT, the one thing about checking them at 1 hour is that you have a baseline. I don't have that baseline. One of mine was .05mm (I think that's right) from the smallest setting. The others were all the largest reading. So, they haven't moved much, if any at all.

CADman_KS

Oil smelled different but not bad. Maybe they want you to get it out before it 'goes bad'. I put in Yamalube 10/50 semi synthetic. Proper weight and some dino to help break in (old school thoughts die hard). I'll check the valves, thanks. Much easier job than on my 990!!

I did something similar with oil. I used Dino for the first two, and then Dino/semi-syn, and then semi-syn, and then full syn from that point forward.

My bike shifts a little harder / more notchy with full syn, but the oil looks good at change time, so I'm sticking with full syn...

CADman_KS

I had the original RFS, so the difference is much more pronounced but here goes. Turns a million times better in tight woods. That was one thing I didn't like about the 2000 RFS. Power is softer off the bottom and I'd dare say less all around but that isn't a bad thing. Then again this is far from broken in and I haven't opened it up fully yet. It seems to Rev up quicker, like it has less flywheel effect. Feels much, much, much lighter. You don't fight the bike at all. The only thing I think it may be 'worse' at is riding in open areas at speed. It just isn't as stable. Feels twitchy but certainly not horrible. Then again I haven't gotten my Scotts damper mounted up yet. As far as fuel delivery and the fuel injection goes..... What fuel injection? It feels like a dirt bike.

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like it's going to be a great bike that will last a long time. When my kids are out of college, I might go kick the tires on one.