Q4 and smoke on startup

i go to Arizona for the winter and somedays i cannot wear my shorts :facepalm: --"It's a hard life but someone has to do it"-- :thumbsup: CRF stays in Oregon-punishment for falling down :rant:

Oh man, I hate days I can't wear shorts. It's the worst.

Besides drinking beer when it is cold is no fun--I'm only 25 miles from the Kalifornia border if ya want to come by for a Beer--Goat?? :thumbsup:

Edited by USMCVietVet

Besides drinking beer when it is cold is no fun--I'm only 25 miles from the Kalifornia border if ya want to come by for a Beer--Goat?? :thumbsup:

The border is long, probably be more than 25 miles :D

I'll be in Vegas for first week of November though, which is probably closer.

The border is long, probably be more than 25 miles :D

I'll be in Vegas for first week of November though, which is probably closer.

going to the SEMA show--Vegas is 3 hrs away Blyth is 35 miles tho!!I don't get to AZ till November myself :cheers:

We are off to Hot August nights (Reno)in two days for the week--anyone else going????????????

Edited by USMCVietVet

going to the SEMA show--Vegas is 3 hrs away Blyth is 35 miles tho!!I don't get to AZ till November myself :cheers:

We are off to Hot August nights (Reno)in two days for the week--anyone else going????????????

No on Hot August nights, yes on SEMA, and Blythe is a 9 hour drive from here lol.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bob_slinger
      I enjoy riding flowing single track and double track with some small technical sections, nothing insane. I'm also way too cheap to spend thousands of $$$ every riding season on maintenance and rebuilds. I've owned a dual sport 1987 XL185 that was underpowered but predictable and a 1991 YZ125 that was overpowering and exhausting in technical stuff (though I'm not a fan of 2-stroke exhaust and noise).
      I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs with riding gear.
      I've narrowed down my choices to Honda CRF250L (heavy and underpowered but low maintenance), Honda CRF250X (smooth power but expensive maintenance), Husky TE250 (smooth power and easier maintenance than CRF250X), Husky WR125 (super light weight and easy maintenance but 2-stroke) and KDX200 (cheap, lightweight but 2-stroke).
      I realize that the CRF250L is more road oriented and closer to my vintage XL185 - I'm considering putting on more aggressive tires and raising the bars. I like that the CRF250L engine has a 8,000km service interval though it is greatly underpowered. I don't mind trailering a bike, so road worthiness is not a deal breaker. I'm concerned the CRF250L will be cramped for my 6'1" size and I've read that the rear suspension is too soft and sags significantly for anyone over 180 lbs.
      The CRF250X seems like the best choice for single track and woods riding but I've read that rebuilds can be expensive and complicated. I've ridden the CRF250X a few times and it feels slightly bogged down at lower rpm.
      The TE250 frame and design look easier for rebuild/maintenance and people have said it is more agile (I've raced mountain bikes most of my life so I appreciate a maneuverable bike).
      I'm only considering the 2-stroke WR125 and KDX200 because they are super lightweight and should have a smoother power delivery and better low-end grunt than my old YZ125 on the trails. I'm not a fan of the sound or smell of 2-strokes but if it makes the riding experience that much better I would consider a 2-stroke.
      Hoping to get some feedback before the spring riding season.

• By Aavani
      So I have made some modifications to my 250L over the last few years, and I have never felt like I can get the speedo adjusted properly. In my experience everyone here is familiar with the 250L stock specs so I will leave them out. Below are the modifications that will affect the speedo, please let me know if I have left anything out that could be part of my issue.
      Front/Rear wheel are stock 17's for a  CRF250M Rear tire size is 140/80-17 (Shinko 705) Sprocket setup is 14/42 (Still using a 106 link chain) I have used several tire size calculators to determine the tire diameter (see attached images) and I cannot explain why the tire circumference is LARGER with a smaller rim.
      Thoughts? As always, thank you in advance for the help everyone! 

• By DaveMedina
      Hey All,
      I'm looking at getting a new bike. At the moment, I own about 120 acres of land, that is a couple of kilometres/miles from a State Forest. This means I can register my bike, and ride from my place to the forest trails and back. Most of my riding will be off-road, however, I also need something that can handle a little bit of tarmac. What I am wondering is, I don't want to be spending a lot, should I go for the CRF250L, or the WR250R (however, I am worried it is a bit too much money), or would something else be better for that little bit of tarmac I have to go on?
      Cheers.
    • By arthrodoc
      Just posted in the marketplace: my very mildly used TCI adventure touring windscreen. Worked well, but I've since sold the bike so no longer need it.
    • By arthrodoc
      TCI adventure touring windscreen for CRF250L. Mounts nicely to forks, and screen easily removable for off road. In excellent shape. No longer needed as no longer have the CRF250L