Carb Repair Kit Question

I just a got Moose Racing carb repair kit and was wondering how many turns the pilot jet and ideal screw should be turned out? i think that's what the two adjustable screws on the carb are. My bike is a 04 crf 150f and I live in FL. I've cleaned the carb and adjusted the valves so hopefully rebuilding it will help it run better but I know that adjusting it is a big part of it and just wanted a base to start with.

Thanks

Start at 2.5 turns out on idle mixture screw.

Adjust base idle speed so engine sounds right to you.

After you ride it around a little, (up and down the street), until engine is warmed up, then immediately adjust mixture screw for fastest idle speed.

Then re- adjust base idle again for the engine to sound the way you like.

Don't let engine get overheated by letting bike sit there at idle to long.

So have your tools ready to go after you get back from short warmup ride.

You can place a 20" box fan in front of the engine if it seems like it is taking a long time to get it right.

With Practice, it gets easier and faster...

IMO:

It's always better (and easier) to make sure your engine valves are properly adjusted first before adjusting the idle mixture screw.

Engine must be completely COLD to properly adjust valves.

Start at 2.5 turns out on idle mixture screw.

Adjust base idle speed so engine sounds right to you.

After you ride it around a little, (up and down the street), until engine is warmed up, then immediately adjust mixture screw for fastest idle speed.

Then re- adjust base idle again for the engine to sound the way you like.

Don't let engine get overheated by letting bike sit there at idle to long.

So have your tools ready to go after you get back from short warmup ride.

You can place a 20" box fan in front of the engine if it seems like it is taking a long time to get it right.

With Practice, it gets easier and faster...

IMO:

It's always better (and easier) to make sure your engine valves are properly adjusted first before adjusting the idle mixture screw.

Engine must be completely COLD to properly adjust valves.

Thanks for the info! I got the carb back on the bike and when I start it up it's idling super super high. I noticed my throttle has about 3/4 0f an inch of play before i feel any resistance and I know this is to much. the last time I took the carb I didn't have this problem. Any idea how to get the throttle back to about a 1/4 of play. I think this is why it's iddling so high as soon as the bike starts. I set the throttle stop screw at first at 1 1/14 turns out and then went to 1/4 turn out and the pilot screw is at 2 1/12 turns out. Thanks

Keep unwinding that idle adjustment screw until the idle speed is correct. I think then your throttle cable will be back to normal. The idle speed screw on the left side of the carb holds the slide in the carb up allowing more air. Loosen the screw and the slide comes down and pulls on the cable correctly.