left crankshaft bearing seal direction?

Kins of a dumb question here, but I am replacing a left side crank bearing seal on an 08 crf250r,and am uncertain of which way the seal should be installed. When I try to look at a pic I have seen them installed either way..??..Cant really go by the way it was previously installed due to the fact that someone had done some pretty shotty work on this bike and the seal was demolished to the point that i had to pick the chunks out with a pick. I have a oem honda replacement seal,and have seen some people say that the numbers on the seal need to be facing outwards towards the flywheel,and then I have seen pics of guys replacing the crank and before they put the flywheel on the flat face of the seal is facing outwards towards the flywheel with the inner chanel/lip and spring facing in twards the crank??...anybody have any ideas or experience?...thanks for any help in advance!

Kins of a dumb question here, but I am replacing a left side crank bearing seal on an 08 crf250r,and am uncertain of which way the seal should be installed. When I try to look at a pic I have seen them installed either way..??..Cant really go by the way it was previously installed due to the fact that someone had done some pretty shotty work on this bike and the seal was demolished to the point that i had to pick the chunks out with a pick. I have a oem honda replacement seal,and have seen some people say that the numbers on the seal need to be facing outwards towards the flywheel,and then I have seen pics of guys replacing the crank and before they put the flywheel on the flat face of the seal is facing outwards towards the flywheel with the inner chanel/lip and spring facing in twards the crank??...anybody have any ideas or experience?...thanks for any help in advance!

Just like that and make sure to get it square or pushed in evenly all the way around.

Thanks much TDW for the reply...its appreciated