Sign in to follow this  

Namura piston kits?

Anyone sportin the Numera piston kit in there honda 250 or 125s? I would like to know roughly how many hrs u can put on one of those or how they compare to wiesco.. It's 50 bucks cheaper for the Namura kit

Namura seems to be a hit or miss piston, I've read more misses than hits. The piston is the HEART of the motor and that's one part I would not skimp on, that's just my opinion. Pro-X, Vertex, OEM, Wiseco as mentioned above have much better reputation's.

Edited by Alan48
  • Like 1

They are cast just like oem. They are good the molybdenum coating on the skirt is good I have run them and my buddy and had no problem. Everyone has their favorite for their bike the key is to check any piston and don't over run the service life

Namura pistons are made in China.

I would never put one in my bikes.

Go with a stock or one of the other previously mentioned pistons.

I've had excellect results from many Wiseco pistons.

Namura seems to be a hit or miss piston, I've read more misses than hits. The piston is the HEART of the motor and that's one part I would not skimp on, that's just my opinion. Pro-X, Vertex, OEM, Wiseco as mentioned above have much better reputation's.

misses like the piston grenades into dust and goes missing, or hits being when the piston breaks off and hits everything in your motor?

• Like 2

misses like the piston grenades into dust and goes missing, or hits being when the piston breaks off and hits everything in your motor?

Grenade, and piston is found in some other country, lol,  break's have been the biggest complaint, either way is double trouble. :eek:

• Like 2

Anyone sportin the Numera piston kit in there honda 250 or 125s? I would like to know roughly how many hrs u can put on one of those or how they compare to wiesco.. It's 50 bucks cheaper for the Namura kit

They're junk.

• Like 2

don't do it. If you need to save money do a pro x piston. My engine builder never had a problem with there pistons or connecting rods.
  • Like 2

It's a good piston if installed correctly like any other piston. People have trouble because they put it in the wrong way or mess something up. It's such a common piston and so many people use it and that's why you hear about all the problems.. It's the same as any other piston. I've used it in all my bikes including my cr125. Never had any problems. Don't matter where it's made... You maintain your bike the way you should, you'll never have an issue. It's a piston. Not meant to be run for 100 hours and say it's junk. Change it every 40 or so hours and you won't be another moron saying their junk.

• Like 1

It's a good piston if installed correctly like any other piston. People have trouble because they put it in the wrong way or mess something up. It's such a common piston and so many people use it and that's why you hear about all the problems.. It's the same as any other piston. I've used it in all my bikes including my cr125. Never had any problems. Don't matter where it's made... You maintain your bike the way you should, you'll never have an issue. It's a piston. Not meant to be run for 100 hours and say it's junk. Change it every 40 or so hours and you won't be another moron saying their junk.

how do you put one in wrong???

Never heard of that before.

They're junk. If you want a China bike, Buy one. Dont turn your good bike into a POS!

I'm sure if you would READ what I said you would see that it's pointed at morons... And if they were junk, why haven't I had any problems with it?

Or your just another trolling ass that should be banned? Or the "moron" I'm talking about...

I have one in my 04 cr250. Always run in 30deg + temps. Has done 1 hour long road rides lots of MX dunes, No problems. Just look after your bike. A OEM piston is not going to help not putting oil in your fuel.

Also it's done over 100hours.

Edited by busaunit
  • Like 1

I swear these threads come up once a month...... Use the search function and instead of having everyone battle it out in your thread you'll find more people who already did this.

If you LOOK the site has more piston info than you'd ever need

I swear these threads come up once a month...... Use the search function and instead of having everyone battle it out in your thread you'll find more people who already did this.

If you LOOK the site has more piston info than you'd ever need

Pistons and oil. Probably the 2 most beat to death topics.

• Like 4