SDI Midvalve (CRF450 with PSF forks)

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has fitted a set of the SDI mid valves to some PSF forks?

I gave it a shot today and am completely lost with the shim stacks and putting the new valve on.

Ive stripped the forks down, removed the old mid valve.

My issue is on the re-assembly, i know that with the new mid valve i no longer use the spring and spring holder that was used on the stock setup.

Has anyone got any input to help me out, ive been at it all day and dont want to put the forks back together wrong. The instructions that came with the midvalves are far from good and tough to make sense of.

Someone else posted the same recently , see if you can find the thread

The instructions are for suspensions builders, I don't think this was meant for the average Joe, but it can be done. This should help out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxemiWcgwxM

Edited by duhameister

The sheet that comes with the kit has a pic of the order of re-assembly. Not terribly difficult.

The sheet that comes with the kit has a pic of the order of re-assembly. Not terribly difficult.

It does, but it's wrong. The kit has been updated, but the parts list hasn't. For a non-suspension tuner it can be confusing, but not too bad to figure out.

Edited by duhameister

Aaah, I didn't know it was updated but the instructions were not. I would assume the new instructions are on the SDI website or can be attained from them?

Aaah, I didn't know it was updated but the instructions were not. I would assume the new instructions are on the SDI website or can be attained from them?

You'd think that because it makes sense. I had to call them and got the word over the phone because the parts list that came with the kit didn't match what I got in the mail.