Sign in to follow this  

Would you.

I know this is the YZ forum and it will be bias. I have a 1999 KX 250 that is a nice bike00C0C_bpW1v4vvXMf_600x450.jpg

I never get attached to the bikes I rebuild and get bored quickly after I have them in good order.

I have a guy that is willing to trade me a 2003 YZ 125 that seems to be in very good condition both cosmetically and mechanically as my 99.01111_fImNviz83M0_600x450.jpg

I am debating as to whether this is a a good deal for both of us. I like the power of the 250s but honestly no more than I get to ride the 250 may be the death of me. The last YZ 125 I owned was a 2001 and it was a fun bike...nimble and quick.

I read the 02/03 was a 5 speed and I was wondering if this hurt these bikes?.....or if say a 01 trans would transplant into the 03 cases?

I would keep the kx I have a 98 kx250 and I'll be keeping a long time I am only the second owner

I would keep the kx I have a 98 kx250 and I'll be keeping a long time I am only the second owner

I am this ones second owner. I just wish I could have feelings for a bike. I have went through half a dozen in the last two years.

The decision is yours to make. MX or Off-Road? 125's teach you how to go fast, 250's allow you to go fast. Big difference. For MX, I think a 125 would be the perfect bike. But Off-Road is a different story. Some really technical uphills are treacherous on a 125.

Yeah I dont race..mx...just single track and play. The 250 is amazing but the fact it has so much power is what gets me in trouble..Pinned third gear and coming into that next blind turn...lol