kind of a stupid question but hopefully some can answer seriously for me. what is the best way to load your dirt bike? both by yourself and with a second person? particularly when at home. i mean, i have places i can unload and load pretty easily at certain places i ride using hills i back up to but what about when your at home on a flat surface? now, i need a friend or my dad to actually lift it in the truck, which isnt to bad but over time it gets to be a pain.

is the two ramp deal the best? the only thing is that im only 5'8" and have a ktm 505 which is a pretty big bike. ideally i want to get a trailer but those are pretty expensive.

any suggestions will be appreciated.   

What kind of truck are you loading it into? When I had my s10 I just used a 2x6 6ft long board to get up into. But with my ram 2500 leveled on 35s I bought 2 8ft long ramps, I set them both up, bike goes up one and I walk up the other one next to it. Im also 5'8 so the 2 ramp method works pretty good for me going into a tall truck.

Using the bike stand also works well as a step stool for walking the bike up. I used that method with my s10

• Like 2

single ramp ride it right up...line up the rear tire, use the front brake till you've got a good position and roll right back...

I used a ramp and then I always had a cooler in the bed. I'd use the cooler as a step for myself.

I'd stand next to the bike running and ease the clutch and let it go up slowly while I stepped up into the truck. This was with a Ford Ranger.

Last bike I had I also had a trailer which was awesome.

Edit- heydood had the same idea as me I missed his post.

Edited by JFortner5

Just use a normal ramp and ride it into the truck bed. I watched a guy ride one up a 2 x 6 into the bed of a lifted F250 one day, so it's doable with about anything into anything.

I use two ramps, bike goes up one while I use the other. Of course with the bike running so there’s no work involved. Don’t really understand why this isn’t the standard.

• Like 1

I use two ramps, bike goes up one while I use the other. Of course with the bike running so there’s no work involved. Don’t really understand why this isn’t the standard.

I agree it's really easy and I just don't feel comfortable riding up a ramp. My luck the ramp would kick out and I'd fall halfway up.

• Like 1

If u have the $ buy a quad loading ramp. There like 4 feet wide so you and walk/ride/ put your foot down, anything u desire...

• Like 2

Using the bike stand also works well as a step stool for walking the bike up. I used that method with my s10

I've always used this method when loading into my pickup. Currently have an '11 F150

I like to use this method for my truck.... :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYeu56_RP4A

I wanted to post this video when I saw the thread's title, but I had a feeling some other asshat ThumperTalk clown got it before me.  Oh well, I can't blame ya it's a good one though.

Loading bikes has always been easy for me because I'm over 6 ft tall, but shorter dudes it's easiest to put a toolbox or a bike stand behind the truck tailgate, step on it while loading the bike.  Makes it even easier for me to use a step, but I don't need it unless I'm injured (been there more than once!!!!!!!).  

• Like 1

i have 2 metal ramps, i'm lazy. One for walking up, one for the bike. Most of the time I let the bike do all of the work too. with the motor on lol

• Like 1

I have a atv ramp, 110 bucks from tractor supply. It works well. And I ride the bike in and I walk it down.

• Like 1

Push it up ramp. Holding front wheel brake, turn front wheel sideways, so it doesnt wanna slide back even with brake on, because of Slick bed. Step up into bed. Use body english to turn wheel straight. Tada