kind of a stupid question but hopefully some can answer seriously for me. what is the best way to load your dirt bike? both by yourself and with a second person? particularly when at home. i mean, i have places i can unload and load pretty easily at certain places i ride using hills i back up to but what about when your at home on a flat surface? now, i need a friend or my dad to actually lift it in the truck, which isnt to bad but over time it gets to be a pain.

is the two ramp deal the best? the only thing is that im only 5'8" and have a ktm 505 which is a pretty big bike. ideally i want to get a trailer but those are pretty expensive.

any suggestions will be appreciated.   

What kind of truck are you loading it into? When I had my s10 I just used a 2x6 6ft long board to get up into. But with my ram 2500 leveled on 35s I bought 2 8ft long ramps, I set them both up, bike goes up one and I walk up the other one next to it. Im also 5'8 so the 2 ramp method works pretty good for me going into a tall truck.

I used a ramp and then I always had a cooler in the bed. I'd use the cooler as a step for myself.

I'd stand next to the bike running and ease the clutch and let it go up slowly while I stepped up into the truck. This was with a Ford Ranger.

Last bike I had I also had a trailer which was awesome.

Edit- heydood had the same idea as me I missed his post.

Edited by JFortner5

I use two ramps, bike goes up one while I use the other. Of course with the bike running so there’s no work involved. Don’t really understand why this isn’t the standard.

I agree it's really easy and I just don't feel comfortable riding up a ramp. My luck the ramp would kick out and I'd fall halfway up.

• Like 1

I like to use this method for my truck.... ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYeu56_RP4A

I wanted to post this video when I saw the thread's title, but I had a feeling some other asshat ThumperTalk clown got it before me.  Oh well, I can't blame ya it's a good one though.

Loading bikes has always been easy for me because I'm over 6 ft tall, but shorter dudes it's easiest to put a toolbox or a bike stand behind the truck tailgate, step on it while loading the bike.  Makes it even easier for me to use a step, but I don't need it unless I'm injured (been there more than once!!!!!!!).  

• Like 1