Sign in to follow this  

Stock forks + A kit triples = ?

Ok guys so ive got a set of A kit triples from pro circuit (brand new) sitting around my garage, I own multiple CRs, couple with stock clamps. So i was thinking of putting these clamps on one of my bikes. I have heard of guys having a machine shop make sleeves/shims to go around the forks and I have also heard of people wrapping the forks with copper tape stuff. Should i even attempt and if so what route should I go with?

photo-1.JPG

Go to Home Depot and pick up some pieces of aluminum roofing flashing. Cut them to fit bend them and slide them in.

soda can could work, but I'd prefer the A kit forks over the shim

• Like 1

soda can could work, but I'd prefer the A kit forks over the shim

This.

Not worth the risk if your doing jumps...

Because i have a set of $700 clamps sitting around collecting dust

Then sell them for $700.

That would certainly seem preferable than trying to rig up a way to make them work and create a potentially dangerous situation. But what do I know... :excuseme:

• Like 2

Then sell them for $700.

That would certainly seem preferable than trying to rig up a way to make them work and create a potentially dangerous situation. But what do I know... :excuseme:

Those are some nice clamps!!!

But this sounds like the best advice to me 

soda can or sell em. I think PC discontinued them so ya might sell em easier. I'd buy em for my A kits but I'm into RG3 sets.

Sell them and buy a stock set. No reason to rig a set of beautiful triples onto your bike if they provide no other benefit.

Sell them and buy a stock set. No reason to rig a set of beautiful triples onto your bike if they provide no other benefit.

ive got like 3 sets of stock, but the benefit to the A kit triples are they are 22mm offset and they look bad ass  :thumbsup: