overheat

I have a 2009 450 with a boysen super cooler,a fan, I run evans waterless coolant a 2.0 rad cap and overflow tank. It is still getting hot. blew a hole in the over flow coolant line today. I dont know why this would be building pressure like this. I am thinking it is head gasket but there is no coolant in oil or white smoke comin from exhaust.

I'm Thinking that maybe your sucking air from somewhere you shouldn't be . MY 12 rmz450  I run Ice coolant and a 1.6 cap and just today rode in 100+ degree whether  .

only time I had a boil over was when I practiced moto starts  . Other then that I really never get a boil over .  My wifes cr250 had a gasket leak and it constantly got hot quick and puked coolant  . There were no signs of a gasket leak  but when I rebuilt it  the overheating stopped . 

I dont run moto . I am in nasty tight woods,super slow going and building trail for harescramble. It wasn t the over flow hose that popped. It was the rubber boot cover boysen gives you for the original spigot. There really should not be any thing in there. Can I just plug with something else other than little rubber boot..

I am sure there is no blockage seeing as I took the drain plug out drained fluid and then ran water through the hole system and it just kept pouring out. Evans waterless coolant can run a certain percentage of water so I dont think it would gel. Can I plug hole from original spigot with something else

• Like 1

I am sure there is no blockage seeing as I took the drain plug out drained fluid and then ran water through the hole system and it just kept pouring out. Evans waterless coolant can run a certain percentage of water so I dont think it would gel. Can I plug hole from original spigot with something else

Cool... I was just curious. Glad you got it figured out.

it is supposed to work better,but i put motul back in and it seems to run better and way cheaper. I also dont like the fact that it takes up to 375 to boil so if your bike is running hot,you will cook motor where as normal coolant will spill out overflow and you know it is time to shut it down or go faster..A lot of people swear by it I am just not a believer and at 44.00 a little pricey

• Like 1