05 timing and valves

Bike is hard to start

Checked valves per manual, both exhaust and laft intake are in spec

Right is suuuuuuper tight.

Yes I checked at tdc

I think timing is off. Timing marks on can aren't aligned with the casing, the forward one is below, the rear one is a little high.

Could it be a combination of timing and a tight valve?

Head and valves are supposedly new. Just got the bike a week ago.

Really hard starting like sixty kicks, idles fine, rus great until mid to high range then flutters and sputters and won't rev any higher.

Second pic is the flywheel marks only can see one

Ideas?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406409478.326333.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406409505.764242.jpg

You said right intake is the one that's super tight? Those usually are, mine was and I got two new OEM valves installed and had the shop go ahead and shim it while they had it so I could bolt on and go. Probably not so much timing as it is your intake valve is zeroed out and probably need new ones. You may be able to shim, but it will be back before you know it.

You need to shim the tight intake valve.  Also, when you install the cam timing chain, you need to align the second dot on the flywheel with the mark on on the left crankcase cover.

post-376416-14064095125868_thumb.jpg

Also, check the alignment of the dot on the crankshaft gear with the mark on the right crankcase cover. ;)

Spud :)

Edited by SpudRider