My father in law has a 2008 v-rod he has offered to sell to me as he bought a new Harley are the v-rods are a good crusier or just a run around town kind of bike for day rides . I am currently on a SV650

Take a look at the riding position:

la-v-rod-version-2008-an-action-30421-1-

It's fairly relaxed, and upright, with your feet slightly in front of you. Very much a boulevard cruiser. But, it will do just fine on country backroads. I'm sure that you could put a windscreen on it for freeway riding if you wanted to. Go ride the bike where you'd use it and judge for yourself.

I went to the Harley test days the other week and found the Vrod to be my favorite bike there. They're kind of the red headed step child of harley's due to their liquid cooling and styling but if you like them, go for it. They actually make good power and are quite comfortable to ride plus the fat tires seem to absorb the bumps well. I'll probably look into one for my next bike 

Edited by leafsrule16

Can't wait till next week when I get to try it out. We are going on a 1200km ride over the weekend to put some time in the saddle

Not a harley fan. But, i like the vrod.

Never thought a crusier was my type of bike that's why I went to the sport bike but if I have the chance to put a lot of miles to really see if I like it why not what I have read about the v-rod seems good. And probably a little less hard on my body for long distance riding right now my throttle hand goes numb after a couple hours riding think it's the strain of the riding position.

Edited by T-Cat

Never thought a crusier was my type of bike that's why I went to the sport bike but if I have the chance to put a lot of miles to really see if I like it why not what I have read about the v-rod seems good. And probably a little less hard on my body for long distance riding right now my throttle hand goes numb after a couple hours riding think it's the strain of the riding position.

http://crampbuster.com/

These are cheap and they work. I have one my 2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC. It puts the pressure of the throttle return spring onto the palm of your hand. And, it allows you to ungrip your hand so that you can relax your fingers periodically.

^^^ What he said. Couldn't ride without one. 

Not a harley fan. But, i like the vrod.

Yeah .. Same here

http://crampbuster.com/

These are cheap and they work. I have one my 2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC. It puts the pressure of the throttle return spring onto the palm of your hand. And, it allows you to ungrip your hand so that you can relax your fingers periodically.

I have a Crampbuster, but I liked your review of this. You can't beat Crampbuster for cheap but this looks like the thing I'd like if I went for some seriously long rides. 

http://www.thumpertalk.com/reviews/product/43202-kaoko-motorcycle-cruise-control/

I get the same thing with my left hand tingling after about 20 minutes on my ZX-10R. It's from my neck + the riding position. I don't get it when I'm riding a Harley.

Do you know if the V-rod has cruise control? It comes as standard on the 'glides but IDK if it's on some of the other of the more premium Harley models these days. 

I don't know if the v-rod has it or not.

I have a Crampbuster, but I liked your review of this. You can't beat Crampbuster for cheap but this looks like the thing I'd like if I went for some seriously long rides. 

http://www.thumpertalk.com/reviews/product/43202-kaoko-motorcycle-cruise-control/

I get the same thing with my left hand tingling after about 20 minutes on my ZX-10R. It's from my neck + the riding position. I don't get it when I'm riding a Harley.

Do you know if the V-rod has cruise control? It comes as standard on the 'glides but IDK if it's on some of the other of the more premium Harley models these days.

The Kaoko is a seriously nice piece. For long freeway runs, I love it. People give you funny looks when you have both your hands resting on the tank though. ;)

The Kaoko is a seriously nice piece. For long freeway runs, I love it. People give you funny looks when you have both your hands resting on the tank though. ;)[/quote.

How does it work just a flip of a switch or push a button? Easy to trun on and off ?

I dont like the feel of most Vrods ..you are bent like the the letter C..hower you csn just put higher pull back risers on it and its eay better

We'll after putting a soild 6 hours on the v-rod I love a raw power and sound but I am staying on the SV just need to change the bars to a higher postion to take the stress of the wrist and put cruise control on it and maybe a gel seat(put 3200kms on my own bike over 3 days as we'll and my backside was sore) m. Anyone offer a bar chocie that may work on the SV