Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - LAST NIGHT TO ENTER! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

2007 RMZ250 questions ... new to 4stroke bikes.

I'm sure this has been asked but I've searched and didn't find the answer on site ... question is how do I check my oil level on my 2007 RMZ250 bike?  I was told to drain also from 3 points?  Re-fill with 900ml oil?  Thank you for any assistance,

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

I'm sure this has been asked but I've searched and didn't find the answer on site ... question is how do I check my oil level on my 2007 RMZ250 bike?  I was told to drain also from 3 points?  Re-fill with 900ml oil?  Thank you for any assistance,

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

drain from main oil hole (14mm), side allen head, and strainer bolt (12mm). Oil level check i think is a allen head bolt on right side of motor.

any interest in a Hinson clutch cover ? I sold my 08 and have one for sale.

You will definitely want to pick up a manual for your RMZ. It will explain all of the service and maintenance steps in detail. You can probably find a copy online. 

any interest in a Hinson clutch cover ? I sold my 08 and have one for sale.

PM me price if OP is not interested. 

You will definitely want to pick up a manual for your RMZ. It will explain all of the service and maintenance steps in detail. You can probably find a copy online.

PM me price if OP is not interested.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406642528.919177.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406642540.201701.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406642552.018103.jpg
  • Like 1

I'm waiting on a manual to figure this ride out.   Thanks for the tips.  PM me a price for the cover as I may be interested.  Cheers Thumpers,

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

Edited by Otokiak

Ok I accomplished draining the oil and I believe I did it correctly with holding the off button down and kicking a dozen times or so and drain again.  Now I tightened the drain bolt, I also tightened the clutch cover bolts as I removed the clutch cover to check it out.  I removed oil filter and replaced and added 930ml oil as told to.  It almost appears that I'm leaking oil out of the crank case now or is there some overflow I don't know about that may have some blow out from?  HELP thank you,

Otokiak

Rankin inlet, NU

CANADA

It was the gasket around the clutch cover as it was pretty rough & shot.  I just replaced it with a hinson clutch cover & new gasket from Mr. RMZ so it's no longer leaking now.  Thanks for all who replied to help.  Cheers,

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

IMG-20140813-03831_zps1fdcd0e4.jpg

Edited by Otokiak

It was the gasket around the clutch cover as it was pretty rough & shot. I just replaced it with a hinson clutch cover & new gasket from Mr. RMZ so it's no longer leaking now. Thanks for all who replied to help. Cheers,

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

IMG-20140813-03831_zps1fdcd0e4.jpg

Looks great man. Glad u liked it and it arrived safely my rm-z brother !!!

Thanks again Mr RMZ as i can go riding now.  ;) Cheers,

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA