Suzuki pe 250

Looking for some information on a Suzuki pe 250. I just picked the bike up today but I really don't know much about it. Right away I noticed it needs a pipe an muffler and I'm unsure of the year? Tried looking around ebay for a pipe and muffler but no luck. So first thing I would like to do is find out the year of the bike. Is there a vin somewhere on the bike? 

There should be a number on the headstock.

The PE250 model had various changes over the course of it's life. Post up a few pictures of the bike and I am sure someone will be able to identify the bike for you. :thumbsup:

Does it have a metal fuel tank?

US PE's of all sizes had plastic tanks.

IMG_0224.JPG I looked on the steering head and didn't see anything there but it does have a plastic tank. Here is a picture of the bike.

There's usually an aluminum sticker or maybe a plate, which gets beat up or removed, but the VIN is stamped into the frame. I think Zuks usually on the right side, sticker on the left.

That looks like the stock plastic tank to me.

Edited by knudsen

I took a look at the headstock it looks like it had a sticker there at one point but didn't see any vin engraving. Are the expansion chambers interchangeable between the years or maybe even an rm? The one that is on it now is completely rotted out and it has no muffler.

Thats not correct at all, plastic tanks debuted in 78, prior to that they were aluminum, just like the RM's.

That is somewhere between 79-81. PE250N( on steering tube or maybe engine case)is 79 PE250T is 80 PE250X is 81

Not to be too douchey, but theres an aluminum tanked 77 PE 250 on Ebay right now to prove my point.

Not to be too douchey, but theres an aluminum tanked 77 PE 250 on Ebay right now to prove my point.

You're not too doochey, icky, just the right amount :lol: j/k

I took a look at the headstock it looks like it had a sticker there at one point but didn't see any vin engraving. Are the expansion chambers interchangeable between the years or maybe even an rm? The one that is on it now is completely rotted out and it has no muffler.

Sure looks a lot like my RM  465, bet a lot is interchangeable

I know it's been awhile but I tore the bike apart to make sure everything is clean and I found on the bottom of the plastic gas tank was stamped like a clock with 79 in it. Assuming that means it was made in 79 but came out In 1980 due to the fact it has the aluminum swing arm. So now I'm looking to buy the exhaust system but I've searched ebay and searched local craigslist and also emailed some dirt bike salvage yards but nobody has the exhaust system. Can anybody point me in the right direction or know someone selling the expansion pipe portion or the entire exhaust system. Thanks in advance.

josh the pe suzukis used rm parts, maybe like a couple yrs earlier tho

I just ordered a 1979 rm 250 pipe. Hoping it fits or is a close enough fit that wouldn't require to much modifications.

There's enough off that pipe left that a good welder could repair it. Also, check with FLP, they do all sorts of pipe repair.

Hi just wondering how you went on with the rm exhaust

If he still has it, its been a while.

If there's no photos, it didn't happen?
Sure would like to seesomething. Picks please📸.