125cc pitbike rattles

Hi so I have been riding lately and have noticed a rattling sound that has become louder and louder. it used to just happen at idle but now it happens when it revs. and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi so I have been riding lately and have noticed a rattling sound that has become louder and louder. it used to just happen at idle but now it happens when it revs. and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

check all your bolts Chinese bikes are infamous for loose hardware

yup, check engine mount bolts, and shock mount bolts, upper and lower.  Something has come loose, it happens to these bikes and I fear one must use allot of lock tight.  

Locating as close as possible the area where the sound is coming from will help you locate the loose part, or broken part.   Do not forget to check your spokes frequently.  The steel rims are SOFT and will bend easily if spokes are not perfect.  

good luck

Gary

checked all bolts and the valves and it all seems good. Ps I haven't had any change in engine power or torque or anything so maybe ill just keep riding and see what happens

Edited by Pasa

ride close to a ride home if you use the ride until it breaks philosophy.  grin  If the noise is coming from, inside the motor, do this to find out, where.  get any stick about 2 to 3 foot long, small diameter so you can place it up against your ear, put the other end on the engine in different places, where the noise is the loudest, is where the problem is, if you do not hear increase in noise level this way, then its a part on the FRAME someplace.  Its a must to locate the source of the noise, or like you say, ignore it, until it breaks something.  Sometimes this is the only way, unless you want to start taking things apart until the entire bike is apart..  grin..  Motor mounts usually are the problem, but sometimes when they are loose, the bars will vibrate or BUZZ on any loose motor part.    find that noise, its a must.  OR get your pushing the  bike home muscles toned up..  ha ha  GOOD LUCK, Gary

• 3 weeks later...

sources of vibration:  loose swing arm bolt, loose crown nut, loose engine bolts, or not tight enough engine mount bolts, and bad wheel barrings, or broken one.   something is loose.  also many pipes come rubber mounted special bolts, maybe buy one for a different bike that will fit yours. 

keep searching..  

gary