Sign in to follow this  

Seat Concepts

finally got around to ordering a new seat, now that seat concepts offers a complete seat, thought I would share my initial impressions here. I called and spoke to the owner who informed me that they just are now making complete seats. I immediatly ordered one and he told me it would ship out the following week from CA which would put it at my door just a couple days before the Hancock NY dual sport (200 miles).

5 days later I get a email notification that it shipped, great....will be in time for my dual sport!  Then 2 days later I checked the tracking and it was returned to seat concepts instead of making it's way to me. I emailed the owner and he explained that his guy send it out regular ground and he was concerned that I would not have the seat in time for my ride, so he called it back and sent another seat out via 2 day air!

now, the seat would have gotten here in time for my ride anyway, but the fact that he went through all of that trouble to make sure I had the seat for my ride is some of the best customer service I have ever experienced!

I'll be in Hancock arrowing the course today and will report back on the seat tonight, but I really like the looks and feel of it so far. I would explain it as:   the mullet of seats...business in the front and party in back!

IMG_20140725_164017_680.jpg

IMG_20140725_164228_778.jpg

IMG_20140725_164008_317.jpg

IMG_20140725_164539_194.jpg

IMG_20140725_210404_960.jpg

Edited by WoodsRacerDotCom
  • Like 3

Looking forward to a report. Dave at get dirty told me to hold off on a beta replacement until we see how the seat concepts is. What was the complete seat cost?

I looked into changing the seat after last weeks ride. It appears the foam and cover are 159.99, add 95.00 for the complete seat.

I looked into changing the seat after last weeks ride. It appears the foam and cover are 159.99, add 95.00 for the complete seat.

Thats cheaper than the OEM pan, and I broke my pan on the virgin ride!

Thats cheaper than the OEM pan, and I broke my pan on the virgin ride!

What year/ My new 2010 after six hours looks like a dog chewed on it . Moved around so much it broke the subframe at the seat receiver tab on the right side. Dealer sent a email to Beta. Time will tell.

What year/ My new 2010 after six hours looks like a dog chewed on it . Moved around so much it broke the subframe at the seat receiver tab on the right side. Dealer sent a email to Beta. Time will tell.

2013, but I dumped it hard and it was my fault

well, I did 30 miles on it this afternoon working the course.  It felt great right off the get go!  The real test will be this coming weekend, after 200 miles in the saddle! cost was $259....the most expensive seat I've ever bought, but so far I love it!

• Like 2

well, I did 30 miles on it this afternoon working the course.  It felt great right off the get go!  The real test will be this coming weekend, after 200 miles in the saddle! cost was $259....the most expensive seat I've ever bought, but so far I love it!

Holy crap it's on a 2T!! 

I'm a minority that likes the stock seat and bulletproof cover. I would like a '14 seat base, as its a little stiffer, but you can't get just the base from Beta. Can you get just the base from Seat Concepts? The '13 base is not a big problem but in some positions it flexes slightly. I added a thick rubber pad where it can contact the battery. Also take a look at your subframe where the seat base hooks contact. Mine was showing signs of wear from vibration/dirt after a year. Bonded a couple small, thin pieces of stainless steel to the contact points, problem solved.

• Like 1

This is what the flexing seat pan did to my subframe.

P1010002.JPG

• Like 1

I got used to the brick, i no longer want/need to replace it.

Does anyone here stand up and ride? I pretty much sit down only when hitting the highway or fireroads. Of course if you ride in the woods, it's a whole other ballgame I'm sure.......

The flex is the base compressing slightly in the center, not much and not something obvious when riding. I noticed marks that the battery terminals were touching. All fixed easily. As far as I can tell no movement up front, but anytime you have two parts not bolted together and subject to dirt and vibration you will have at least some wear. Again, not bad and easily remedied. I've seen alloy subframe tubing worn far worse, that polymer is tougher.

I'm a minority that likes the stock seat and bulletproof cover. I would like a '14 seat base, as its a little stiffer, but you can't get just the base from Beta. Can you get just the base from Seat Concepts? The '13 base is not a big problem but in some positions it flexes slightly. I added a thick rubber pad where it can contact the battery. Also take a look at your subframe where the seat base hooks contact. Mine was showing signs of wear from vibration/dirt after a year. Bonded a couple small, thin pieces of stainless steel to the contact points, problem solved.

I believe they are making a base...they showed me one. What year? Think it was for 14's.

Call them.

Edited by glangston

I believe they are making a base...they showed me one. What year? Think it was for 14's.

Call them.

my understanding is that their base can only be used with their foam and cover as it comes down lower to allow more foam to be used in the seat.

That price is actually a bargain. My Russell Day Long was just under 900.00

man I was thinking about that seat...thanks for the review!! 

well, after 200+ miles this past weekend in the hills of north western NY, I am VERY happy with this seat!  Money well spent !!!

• Like 5