Seat Concepts

Just ordered a low seat. hope it's still comfy

After 240 miles in the saddle last weekend I love my new seat!

Keep us posted as I'm about ready to pull the trigger on one of those as well, as last week when home I rode the Beta 5 times in eight days, by the 5th time, I was getting accustomed to the shape again after not riding for 5 weeks. While I have the softer foam, I've realized that the square shape of the OEM seat has good and bad points, but ready to try something different...

Thats way i got the complete seat, swap them back and forth.

When I first got my bike, I couldn't believe how absurdly hard it is. Italian revenge for the Kardashians? Possibly. But now I've got a few hundred miles on mine, I don't really notice it. Ok, a little.

Just ordered the tall seat for my 14 300rr, I put the standard one on my orange 530 and its a great seat. I figure the tall on the Beta will make the 2 close in seat hight.

If someone wants to sell a '13/14 'Racing' seat with the blue-red cover, I'd be interested. 

Or maybe just the cover.

SAM_1304 copy.JPG

Edited by Balkan boy

Also ordered the low gripper.

OK, any reports yet on the low-gripper? Going to be home in a couple of weeks and kinda waiting to hear, and seeing it on one of our Beta's

Thanx!

OK, any reports yet on the low-gripper? Going to be home in a couple of weeks and kinda waiting to hear, and seeing it on one of our Beta's

Thanx!

I should have mine by the end of next week and will be breaking it in at the "Forbidden Lands" race. It is a nasty, rocky, muddy, hill and ravine equipment destroyer race.

Here is the low gripper. The initial ergonomic feel is awesome for turning and braking. Feel much more in the bike now.1409328015580.jpg1409328094353.jpg1409328126949.jpg

Edited by BassMan

Here are the after pics. This seat is awesome. Perfect for racing in the mud and gnarly hills. First hill was stupid steep muddy downhill with a kicker. It broke some wrists and KOed a few.1409525933784.jpg1409525950116.jpg1409525979691.jpg

BassMan, you are a true hardcore rider! That bike of yours gets used and abused. I thought I beat on mine. Those races you enter are a true test. I only wish I had the balls to continue racing. I retired back in 07 knowing I would never get passed Novice. The speeds required to move up the ladder in the H&H series were downright frightening. 

Some of my buddies told me to keep racing,  just treat it as a "trail ride", and ride at/or just under 80%. I call bullshit to that. I raced to win! By the looks of your bike, you race to win. I never had a natural talent for riding. So these days it's really mellow for me. Thank you and all the guys here who really test these bikes and ride them to the full potential. 

Edited by ballisticexchris

Just installed the High gripper on my 300RR, Ill try and get pics and report later. Seat fits and looks great

Edited by Enduroguy

any update on your low seat?

I've had the low seat from Seat Concepts (complete assembly) for 7 months now, never going back! 

Comfy! Its wider so its a different feeling.

Stock standard height with soft foam is quite nice, but narrow

I think the lower wider seat supports better on long DS rides

any update on your low seat?

I never thought I'd say this but, It's too low for me. It's a nice comfy seat, and I can touch the ground easily at 5'7". Great for dual sport sit down riding. But for fast single track riding I like to do, my knees are bent too much for the constant transition from sitting to standing. Makes me more tired at the end of the day. I wound up ordering a stock heght and width seat concepts seat. Same shape as stock but more comfy. My low seat is for sale if anyone is interested.

I never thought I'd say this but, It's too low for me. It's a nice comfy seat, and I can touch the ground easily at 5'7". Great for dual sport sit down riding. But for fast single track riding I like to do, my knees are bent too much for the constant transition from sitting to standing. Makes me more tired at the end of the day. I wound up ordering a stock heght and width seat concepts seat. Same shape as stock but more comfy. My low seat is for sale if anyone is interested.

How tall are you? Inseam measurement?

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by kkim

I took my stock seat assembly and installed a "soft" foam, in some ways it was good, but for tip-toe work in really tight singletrack and a 31" inseam I found this low seat invaluable, I did drop my foot pegs 1/2" of a inch, which got rid of a little of the knee bend thing. But with a 31" inseam I cannot stand flat footed with proper sag...

For me its more important to be close to flat footed for tight deer trails.

Different strokes...