the best INTERMEDIATE enduro tire?

just want to know what the best intermediate enduro tire is??

What sort of terrain you riding? And what bike is it for?

What sort of terrain you riding? And what bike is it for?

Probably the intermediate type.. ya know, Last Man Standing, Erzberg, anything sponsored by Red Bull.  Haha

I would go with the Bridgestone 403/404 combo.  That's the best compromise for sand to mud to rocky riding.  Also check out Kenda tires, the Washougals are great, along with the Triples.  Kenda is just as good as this Bridgestone combo but they have stronger, stiffer sidewalls.

mid pack, and a ktm 125

Bridgestone 404/403 is going to one of the best all rounder combos for the price you're going to find. Side note though, I have a Shinko 524 front to go with the D803 trials tire on the KDX now, and that thing is, so far, proving to be one of the best front tires I've ever had. Grips like crazy everywhere (even trials tire territory slick rock), and is wearing like iron. Will be putting one on the YZ when it's finished, and if the results remain the same through the life of the tire, 524 will replace the B-Stone as my favorite front for the woods.

Aren't the Bridgestone tires "track" tires though?  Why wouldn't you recommend something more Enduro Specific like IRC VE33s  or Dunlop AT81s or the Goldentyre Enduro tires?  Just curious.  Are the Bridgestones just that good offroad?  I've never tried them.

Had a set of the M403/404 on my Beta 400. Really good tyres for off-road and enduro conditions. Right now I'm using the Pirelli Scorpion XCMS. The rear is phenomenal, still not convinced by the front just yet

Aren't the Bridgestone tires "track" tires though?  Why wouldn't you recommend something more Enduro Specific like IRC VE33s  or Dunlop AT81s or the Goldentyre Enduro tires?  Just curious.  Are the Bridgestones just that good offroad?  I've never tried them.

That VE-33 is a great intermediate tire. As good as it gets.

Edited by YHGEORGE

I like my 403/404's in hare scrambles but I find they load up when riding through heavy clay mud and don't clear very well causing the bike to feel like it's got flat tires. I'm actually looking at running tires that are more soft condition orientated.

The Bridgestone M59 front is better in the woods than the 403 front.

GOLDENTYRE GT216

Michelin M12 XC

I have enjoyed my Michelin M12 XC.

Wear Info:  In 5 months of difficult offroad riding about twice a week (2 hours each time)...

Out of 160 knobby (lugs) and I'm counting the center double lug as 1...

26 have chunked off a quarter of the lug or more.

0 missing lugs

Center lug edges are rounded but lugs are still tall.

All cross grooves are gone.

The tire still gets plenty of traction but lets go easier in  throttle corners or on sweeping turns.

Tire was ran at 9-10 PSI the entire time with stock Honda Tubes.

Bridgestone ED11 for the front

Kenda Southwick II (2) all the way

Thanks!

-Colton