Sign in to follow this  

Motocross villopoto fired aldon baker?

I read on Motocross Action that Villopoto sold his FL training facility, and fired Aldon Baker. Is there any thruth to this?? I know its in the rumors, gossip, and unfounded truth section, but this really surprises me.

"Ryan Villopoto: No one knows what he is going to do, and based on past evidence perhaps Ryan doesn’t either. He could fulfill the option year on his Team Kawasaki contract for 2015, he could race Supercross-only in 2015, he could go to Europe for Kawasaki (since Gautier Paulin will leave Kawasaki for the Honda GP team next year) or RV could quit. Given that he sold his Florida training compound and fired trainer Aldon Baker all signs point to…oh, who knows what they point to?"

http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/rumors-gossip-unfounded-truth-the-week-that-will-be

We have it on goo d accord from one of the guys "in the know" and if you ask G BLOWman this guy knows all and is never wrong, that RV couldn't possibly do anything but fulfill his contract exactly as it's written due to sponsorship obligations. 

Baker: RV might believe he knows the routine well enough to go it alone. Fired or released? Did Aldon have a 2015 contract? It could simply be over how aggressively to train after the injury.

MX site: the economy is hot for some. Good time to sell. Real estate and the economy peaked in the 7th year of Bushes Presidency. If he waits until he is retired, buyers might want to low ball him. I wonder what happens to Roczen and AC. Didn't they train there? If

For a guy that looked sourpuss on the podium, he looked really happy this summer. He might have run the numbers and decided he can walk away on top like RC did.

Edited by Kev_XR

Baker is just a trainer, I'm sure he gets a chunky premium given his track record. I can't stand the guy but truth is can anyone else name a trainer that has had so many champions under his guidance?

RV is a self motivated kind of rider, he knows what it takes.

It wouldn't blow my mind if his wife was his new training partner that chick is looking like Iron Man level type fitness.

He didn't fire Aldon, he just isn't renewing the contract that is up in October, And its not RVs choice either, its Aldon. 

Aldon is going to train Redbull athletes and the KTM Redbull team. More money and more exposer. 

• Like 1

He didn't fire Aldon, he just isn't renewing the contract that is up in October, And its not RVs choice either, its Aldon. 

Aldon is going to train Redbull athletes and the KTM Redbull team. More money and more exposer. 

I'm wondering if he will have any hand in the training of the offroad series factory riders at KTM as well?

We have it on goo d accord from one of the guys "in the know" and if you ask G BLOWman this guy knows all and is never wrong, that RV couldn't possibly do anything but fulfill his contract exactly as it's written due to sponsorship obligations. 

Contracts are a bitch arent they?

Contracts are a bitch arent they?

Would you still bet your last dollar he finishes his contract out to a T? It's looking like that may not happen. 

Would you still bet your last dollar he finishes his contract out to a T? It's looking like that may not happen. 

No, if I was a betting man, id say he races next years sx season then calls it quits. He has talked about signing a one year contract in 2016 for sx only, but after this year and seeing his composure, I doubt it. 

No, if I was a betting man, id say he races next years sx season then calls it quits. He has talked about signing a one year contract in 2016 for sx only, but after this year and seeing his composure, I doubt it. 

A short while ago you told me twice you'd bet your last dollar he finishes his contract which would be SX and MX this year right? That was a quick change of mind unless I'm missing something. 

A short while ago you told me twice you'd bet your last dollar he finishes his contract which would be SX and MX this year right? That was a quick change of mind unless I'm missing something. 

He has one more year on his contract. I think, and Ive always thought he will ride sx next year and call it a career. 

Next year he will race in MXGP...In MXGP padoc in Loket the news (still not 100% but 95% ;)) is spreading like crazy ;)...but it's still a rumour for now ;) You heard it first from www.MXDOSE.com :rolleyes:

Why the eye rolling?  Euro emotes are confusing.

• Like 1

The most interesting thing in that MXA paragraph to me is the word "option"

Does he already have an out for 2015? If I is a two way option....Kawi can opt our or RV....then he wouldn't be quitting and isn't obligated to race next year. And he could head overseas

Is fired the right word? Could have been just a mutual split or RV is retiring early and there's no reason to have Aldon around anymore. Plus he's trained with the guy for years, i think he knows how the routine works, if he decides to give GP's a shot or something. He can't take Aldon to Europe with him so no point in paying the guy longer then you have to. 

Regarding training the Redbull KTM guys, I could definitely see that. Instead of riders hiring personal trainers, the team hires one and goes from there. Baker has a proved track record, it would be a smart move...

So he's training the Ktm team and "other" redbull athletes like Roczen who will be on RCH or will that be of conflicting interest? What happens to Cianciarulo? I assume Aldon will be working with the team in California or? Hmm. Interesting. Seems like a logistics nightmare. If it ends up that way i hope Cianciarulo doesn't get shafted out of anything. Seemed like Aldon was going to be a big part of his future. But if Aldon has a deal with Redbull team and Redbull athletes that contract might push him away from training Adam. 

Couldn't care less about Baker i just hope AC isn't left homeless. 

Edited by Racer_ex