First street bike

I've been riding dirtbikes my whole life and currently have a 2001 Kx 250. It has tons of power and is a blast to ride but I recently wanted to get a street bike. I took the msf course and passed best in class missing 4 points only on the panic stop. Anyway I feel I have good clutch and throttle control and I was looking at a zzr 600 as a first bike. I know it's just an older Zx6 but I like them because of the cheaper insurance. I have rode my buddies cbr500 around for about 5 hours if that even matters. I'm just looking for other opinions on it. Thanks

I've been riding dirtbikes my whole life and currently have a 2001 Kx 250. It has tons of power and is a blast to ride but I recently wanted to get a street bike. I took the msf course and passed best in class missing 4 points only on the panic stop. Anyway I feel I have good clutch and throttle control and I was looking at a zzr 600 as a first bike. I know it's just an older Zx6 but I like them because of the cheaper insurance. I have rode my buddies cbr500 around for about 5 hours if that even matters. I'm just looking for other opinions on it. Thanks

Probably OK. Wouldn't get any more than that for a first street bike. MSF was a good idea.

Mike

That's a lot of bike for a first street bike.  The dirt bike skills will definitely help with operation but a 600CC supersport (make no mistake, it is FAST) can get away from you quickly.  If you decide to go with it, just take it easy with it.  Another GREAT first street bike for someone with decent dirt skills is the SV650.

I actually have decided to get a gs500f for a first bike, because I found a deal I couldn't pass up if anyone wants to keep posting opinions on this bike that's good too. Thanks for the replys

The GS 500 is a great bike. simple, reliable light ad with good performance potential. Another nice thing is that there is great interchangeability over the years. Check out  http://www.gstwin.com 

The GS 500 is a GREAT starter bike. My sister in law had one that I worked on for a bit, snappy but light! Much cheaper on insurance too when you get under 600cc's. Congrats!

Edited by Rocket Scientist

EX500 Ninja Kawasaki

EX250 Ninja Kawasaki

XV250 Yamaha

CRF250L Honda

WR250R Yamaha

GS500 Suzuki

Keeping an open mind lets you find good deals.