Looking for my First Bike

I have rode ATV's all my like and now want a dirt bike. I have also had some experience on a motorcycle. From looking, i want either a 250 four stroke or a 125 two stroke, what would be the better option for me? I am 16, 5'8" and 165 lbs I will be riding on the farm with open trails through the woods and some time at our local track.

Thank you 

What's your budget for the bike?

Edited by JFortner5

Up to $3500

I have rode ATV's all my like and now want a dirt bike. I have also had some experience on a motorcycle. From looking, i want either a 250 four stroke or a 125 two stroke, what would be the better option for me? I am 16, 5'8" and 165 lbs I will be riding on the farm with open trails through the woods and some time at our local track.

Thank you 

i would get a 250 four stroke at 5'8" and 165 lbs the 125 might be a little small also look at the ktm 150sx or the ktm 150xc they are both 2 strokes and they are great beginner bikes they would be a little better than a 250f for a first bike.

125. Cheaper to buy, maintain, fix and more fun. 

125. Cheaper to buy, maintain, fix and more fun.

That's where I was going with my budget question. $3500 will buy you a nice bike either way.

I only asked because if you said $1500 or something I'd probably go for the 2 stroke.

Okay, does it matter on brands or is it just "Pick a Color"

Okay, does it matter on brands or is it just "Pick a Color"

Pick the best shape, most well looked after bike in your price range. Pretend they're all the same colour, the differences aren't much. There were a few early 250f's (2004 RMX/KFX) that were absolute duds but 125 technology has been developed for years and they're all neck and neck with each other. 

Edited by leafsrule16

Okay, Thanks