YZ85 problems

Hey, my YZ85 is acting like it's not getting enough fuel. Cleaned the carb cleaned the fuel filter cleaned the air filter checked the reeds, just don't know what to do. 2003 YZ85

Please describe the symptoms more than saying it's "acting" like it's out of fuel. When did it run last? How old is the fuel?

I ran it out of fuel one day and I let it sit for three days, put fuel in it and fired it up, it hits the rev limiter then instantly drops to half throttle and and back fires then fouls the plug

Fresh fuel, fresh oil proper mix with

My ratio cup,

Fouls the plug after three mins, replaced the plug 5 times now, it is a BR10EG by ngk

needs a rebuild.

Hey, my YZ85 is acting like it's not getting enough fuel. Cleaned the carb cleaned the fuel filter cleaned the air filter checked the reeds, just don't know what to do. 2003 YZ85

Did you change the plug a lot assume it's okay because bike is running not the case with 2ts.

could be a cheap fix.

clean the carb.

Read the whole thing. Cleaned the air filter cleaned the carb multiple times with B-12 and an air compressor.

And what type of rebuild? Top end bottom end or just carb ?

Check compression, could be time for a top end. If it was on its way out already, might have finished it off leaning it out as you ran out of fuel. How many hours on the current piston?

If it is fouling the plug, chances are its getting plenty of fuel, just not burning it.

Edited by bronc3

About 4 hours on the top end

Has ok crompression

Crank seals?

It ran fine when I put it away