Sign in to follow this  

Shifter Shaft Seal

Does anyone have a part numer either OEM or aftermarket for the seal that is on the shift shaft? Mine has the slow leak that seems common one there things. I have read you can only get it by buying a large OEM gasket set but hoping there is another option. Thanks in advance.

For a 2001 XR400R

Edited by Tbh37620

I suggest you stop reading wherever you saw that you need to buy a whole seal set. Google Honda motorcycle parts, choose one of the hundreds of results you will get, and look up the part in the diagrams. It's probably a $3 part that you will pay $10 for shipping, so buy some other stuff while you are there. Xr400s are decent bikes, but far from perfect or bulletproof-- that seal will be the least of your worries over time. By the way it's part #91202-965-003 at $3.57

Edited by azmaxxed

The numbers you need are on the seal face. Three numbers, inside diameter, outside diameter & width. Most automotive parts shop should be able to help you out or a bearing supplier, worst case, genuine honda which includes honda price mark up.

I believe I have found it. Im assuming #9 is the shifter shaft. If so I think I need #15

PN 91202-965-003

Just so others can find it if they need it. Thanks for the help. Took about 3-4 sites to find one with good diagrams

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053dff7f870021c54bdfd96/shift-drum

Edited by Tbh37620