Sign in to follow this  

Dirtbike Stand (custom)

Wanting to design and weld together my own dirtbike stand. Has anyone built there own or hae any cool ideas? I will just buy one but i think itd be cooler to make my own

I made my own out of 3, 2x12s and one 2x4. Two vertical 2x12s and one on top and a 2x4 in the middle to stabilize. I used a whole saw to drill a whole in the top so I could change oil and I used a whole saw in the sides to make it lighter. It works good and it was free! Just scrap wood

• Like 1

Home Depot has this two step Step Stool made of plastic that looks like it was modled after a dirt bike stand.  $9 and it has a weight capacity around over 300lbs If I recall.  I mention this because I was going to make one, but I could not make a good one that cheap (or light weight)....and my time is worth something too.

I used to work at a place where I had to fabricate ladder racks for trucks. I had some scrap the boss said I could play with and made one. I doubt I have any pics of it, but it was fairly light and did the job. I had time to kill though honestly I'd probably just buy one next time, of course I don't have access to a good welder anymore though so that has something to do with it.

Edited by JFortner5

I built this one.  If you have a miter saw, it is very easy to make. Also very very sturdy.

Just have to make a few guesses on the angles. You could do it with a handsaw and a carpenter square if you wanted a workout.

xqrg.jpg

ocrv.jpg

Edited by RBI

Got some good simple ideas goin here. Thanks for the responses and feedback. Time to start making somethig!

I out one of my kids TTR90's on an upside down bucket from Lowes. Maybe it was a cheap bucket, but the bike went right through it. There is no way I'd put another bike on one.

Decent stands can be had for $30

I like RBI's however. Kinda looks like a mini picnic table too.

Edited by Jeckler
  • Like 1

Kinda looks like a mini picnic table too.

Funny you say that.

That's what I used for a while in a 3 bay garage.

Old picnic table. Wheel chock and straps.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406587936.146235.jpg

I welded up this bad boy in manufacturing class. Using a protractor to ensure all corners were bent equal, I bent small sections and used "slugs" inside the tubing to join the sections. Tax the slug in place then slip a straight section onto it and weld all around. Grind smooth. Sand. Primer. Paint. She's. STRONG. Let me know if you can't see the photo

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406587936.146235.jpg

I welded up this bad boy in manufacturing class. Using a protractor to ensure all corners were bent equal, I bent small sections and used "slugs" inside the tubing to join the sections. Tax the slug in place then slip a straight section onto it and weld all around. Grind smooth. Sand. Primer. Paint. She's. STRONG. Let me know if you can't see the photo

Which stand do you use to change the oil?

I have one of those crappy ignition pedal lift stands that I can slide the bike far enough forward on. The original plan was to have a cutout in the stand I made but I ran out of time. I coulda made do with 10 seconds and a plasma cutter I guess.

• Like 1