08' DRZ400sm stalling out..

I bought a DRZ a few weeks ago and it runs awesome, the PO put a MRD exhaust on it and jetted it for the exhaust. Only problem I have found is when I go to stop at a red light and i give a little blip on the throttle either in neutral or in 1st gear with the clutch in after I have the bike completly stopped it will stall out instantly, and then I just start it again and it acts like nothing ever happened.

Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe a carb issue but not really sure..

Sounds like your idle is too low...

Cleaning the carb can't hurt , check the fuel screw setting , raise the idle .

^^^wot they said, it sounds ike the idle could be a touch too slow theres a nob on the carb thats connected to a screw that pushes on the throttle wheel (the peice the cables fit in) that effectivley opens the throttle more (or less) to increase or decrease the idle speed

I bought a DRZ a few weeks ago and it runs awesome, the PO put a MRD exhaust on it and jetted it for the exhaust. Only problem I have found is when I go to stop at a red light and i give a little blip on the throttle either in neutral or in 1st gear with the clutch in after I have the bike completly stopped it will stall out instantly, and then I just start it again and it acts like nothing ever happened.

Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe a carb issue but not really sure..

idle too low, mixture too rich, dirty air filter...