Poor riding techniques and corrections

So I got some new shoes on my yamaha raider this week so after about 20 miles of in town riding I was ready to through the wife on the back and hit the canyons up. I was still riding slow cause of the new tires and even more so with the wife on the back. I followed an unknown rider on a cbr 1000rr to my favorite road shortly after it gets windy I found myself wanting to pass him, keep in mind new tire and + 1 on a cruiser. This is proof that no chicken strips does not mean your fast. To the guys out there if your riding like this your wrong and putting your bike at its limits way way way before needed. Nuts on tank arches of feet on the pegs lower body off the bike sticking knee way out upper body counter balancing head pointed into the turn chest pointed way out.

The proper way to start riding any street going mororcycle aggressively and fast through the turns is

1 sit as far back in the front seat as you can your rear tire is your driving tire and you wan your weight over it.

2 balls of the feet go on the pegs

3 upper body stays loose

4 keep elbows in

5 out side leg stiff inside loose

6 position your body prior to enterning turn

7 head over wrist chest into turn

8 head down looking through the turn. You should be like a charging bull

9 shadow front break and clutch with 2 fingers at all time

10 use rear break while on throttle to slow in corner or to keep slowing down when entering a corner it helps keep the suspension set.

Theses 10 things are basic riding techniques for the canyons and will make you much faster while feeling more in control and keeping the bike further from its limits. Also if riding like this on a sport bike even a 250 or 300 you should be able to ride faster than any cruiser which in turn makes both of us happier cause the only people I should have to slow down for are cage drivers. Remember no chicken strips only means your pushing your bike to its limits not th at your riding right. Use your knee as a reference saftey margin once it touches your running out of contact patch on your tire. If you ride correctly you only need to ride at 90 skill level and bike ability to be the fastest guy on the canyon leaving you going alot faster and having more room for error it might just save your life out there. Again these techniques fallow all street going motorcycles besides tight stuff on sumos.

Technique is not a one size fits all thing bro.

No but theses are basic proper riding techniques that go from moto gp down to street riding after these than it becomes different for other people I'll give you the dragging rear break to slow down alot of people disagree with but should you ever take an advance riding school or superbike school. Hell even if you ask the fast guys at the track or the fast guys in there 30s to 40s that have several years of riding experience they will give you this same advice. You can ride for 20 years the wrong way and you only gain the experience of riding 1 year 20 times.

I actually agree with most of this. And I don't agree with anything.

Far too many people just stick their knee waaaaaaaay out trying to get it to touch the ground. Hahaha

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1409487702.153990.jpg

Stupid people do get older too good thing I'm not old or stupid. I am however fairly experience at 24 I have spent 20 years on 2 wheels and the last 7 on the street. I'm not the best nor will I ever claim to be. I do also take advice from better riders than myself and it raises my skill level exponentially. To not know because you haven't been taught is one thing to not know and not be willing to learn is for the stupid. So when you wanna ask for some advice on how to improve your riding ability let me know. I'm guessing gsxr rider? Probably rock the shorts and tank tops too. Maybe even a Mohawk. Btw if you look like this dragging knee your slow.

1409549383346.jpg

I'm guessing gsxr rider? Probably rock the shorts and tank tops too. Maybe even a Mohawk.

A wise choice would be not to make assumptions, as you and these ten tips do.

I rarely hang off on the street. It is even more rare that I get passed. In addition to lots of gray hair. Seat time ladies,it's the cure for your lame riding ails.

yep I use the mountain roads of West Virginia as my own personal racetrack so fook off.  ;)

Look if you all like riding crossed up its on you apparently you know everything thing like improper body position. So carry on but it's usually the people with attitude like yours that end up shit Creek cause there pushing there bikes to its limits on the street when you can ride with alot more wiggle room riding right or think there fast until they get passed by a car or cruiser or gold wing. These are the same 10 BASIC riding techniques if you don't believe me fine but take some time and look it up or ask some ama riders they will tell you the same and any one who tells you to ride crossed up doesn't know what they are talking about

1 sit as far back in the front seat as you can your rear tire is your driving tire and you wan your weight over it.

4 keep elbows in

Keep your lame insults to yourself for a start, it only weakens your argument.

You shouldn't be over weighting the rear, elbows out gives more leverage.

I've been riding long enough to know what helps my riding. And this doesn't fit for me, hence it isn't a one size fits all blanket set of rules.

Who cares about AMA FFS?

Maybe you should spend more than 20 miles on the road before you dish out advice that wasn't asked for.

Ok let's break down the insanity u call riding technique. SHOULD be over weighting the rear??? Do tell me out of your two tires (and yes motorcycles have two) which one of them outs down more contact patch on the road? Oh the rear? So relying on traction at the rear is better than the front for weight distribution? Ok cool now that THAT'S out of the way, since WHEN do we see ANY street rider throwing their inside elbow straight out for more leverage??? Oh that's right? You don't because you are more prone to being crossed up. The year is no longer 1980 where that technique might have flown. Riding technique has developed as much as motorcycles have back then. Bottom line... sit at the back of your seat, chest leading the turn as much as your head, head Down, loose at all times on your upper body. Let me know when u need another lesson I'm here all week

You're supposed to nut up to the tank All the time and generally try to keep your inside forearm in line with the grip, which would mean that elbow is out. Of course you don't just jam your elbow strait out, this isn't a dirt bike after all. The only reason you ever see people slide back in the seat is to get a better tuck. It has nothing to do with weighting the rear. A 200 SBK slick doesn't need any help hooking up and too much weight off the front just causes head shake.

Like so

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1410358815.304720.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1410358828.823474.jpg

Edited by D4N63R

You're supposed to nut up to the tank All the time and generally try to keep your inside forearm in line with the grip, which would mean that elbow is out. Of course you don't just jam your elbow strait out, this isn't a dirt bike after all. The only reason you ever see people slide back in the seat is to get a better tuck. It has nothing to do with weighting the rear. A 200 SBK slick doesn't need any help hooking up and too much weight off the front just causes head shake.

Like so

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1410358815.304720.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1410358828.823474.jpg

In both pics there at the back of there seats with there elbows in soooo? I'm not sure what your getting at.

No. If Shane was at the back of the seat you wouldn't see a gap between him and the top of the cowl.

There is just over a foot of room between the tank and the cowl on that particular bike.

Here's a better example of arm positioning. He was trying to hit his damn elbow on the ground so it's exaggerated. And again you can see the front face of the cowl.

The front to back movement isn't a foot like on a dirt bike. It's only a couple of inches.

1267164_10151584878050426_1166277770_o_z

You use the inside of your thigh to hold onto the bike. It needs to be against the tank to do that. Which means you need to be against the tank. Now this is racing not the street soooooo.

Edited by D4N63R

Ok so you must be one of the people that was born with tiny legs if u find it difficult to grip the tank while remaining towards the rear of the seat. Nutting up to the tank is ridiculous dude I don't know who taught you that but why don't you take a racing school and THEN come talk to me. NO instructor, NO rider worth his own weight would EVER tell you to nut up to the tank that's obsurd. All that does is help get you more tangled into the bike which results in becoming crossed up. Those pics u sent made me laugh because not ONE of them is Nutting up to the tank.

24 years old? Oh shut the fawk up. I've got leathers older than you shorty. 

24 years old? Oh shut the fawk up. I've got leathers older than you shorty.

That's cool must suck not having current gear or being old and slow. I have 20 years on dirt and have logged over 100k miles on the street in the last 7 years. There is no way to corner a bike like this with your nuts in the tank. Riding nuts to tank makes you more inclined to lock out your arms. I understand though the older you get the more stuck in your ways you get and for this I'm sorry you have nothing left to learn.

Forgot the pic

1410372369205.jpg

I've been through race school. And three years of road racing. Nutting up to the tank is an expression.

NO ONE sits as far back as the cowl allows and then turns. I realize everyone has a different way of doing things and everyone will be taught different. But I'm 6'4 and when I hit the binders I slide to front with them and turn from there. I do not slide back, nor does any one I race with.

And you should stop sticking your knee out so far. You aren't on a motard. Pull your damn knee in and use the tires.

Edited by D4N63R

Here we go. Fastest road racer in the world. Not sitting at the back of the seat. He's wrapped right around the tank.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1410375801.315848.jpg

Edited by D4N63R