Sign in to follow this  

Rear break stops working

So I ride woods on my 2009 rmz 450. While out riding the other day I stopped to take a break. Just a couple minutes. When I started back up I had zero back brake. As I headed back to the house it started working agin. When I got back I Checked to see if I was low and topped it off . Had it happen agin today. I assume the fluid has broke down and I just need to flush it out and replace with new . Just curious if it could be anything else?

I have had the same issue especially after long downhill. I flush mine it still does it occasionally and it is annoying. Let me know if you get this figured out

Defiantly think I am boiling them. Lots of corners and hard breaking. Just never been an issue before. 60 hrs on same fluid. Guessing that's why they boil easier now. I will change it and see if that fixes problem. Also if brake pads are thinner will they transfer heat faster ? Seems right to me.

Yeah definitely, brake fluid that old will have a lot of water in it

Fresh brake fluid will probably take care of it. I had the exact same issue off the showroom floor. I replaced it with some of the good stuff (Motul RBF 660) and have had zero issues since. Just flush the system and replace a few times a year.

• Like 1