What is this thing on my shock

Hi all,


I recently purchased an 03 DR-Z 400 and was looking it over and noticed this piece around the shaft of the shcok that is deteriorating and falling apart. What is this and does it need to be removed/ relaced?



Bottom out bumper.


 Only way to have it replaced is to have the shock disassembled and serviced. 

I wonder what the condition of the oil is like .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now