125 to 250 jump

It's finally time to let the little 125 go, it's been a great bike but as I get faster I'm finding myself looking for a little more power, and a bit newer bike. If things go according to plan I have someone coming to pick my bike up Monday or Tuesday and then the search for a 250 begins... I'm a YZ guy, however I've always wanted to try an orange bike. That being said, I found a 2009 KTM 250sx on Craigslist that I'm sure I could get for around 2700, how do they compare to a YZ250 around the same year? It also comes with the stock and oversized tank, and a pro circuit and stock pipe.. Anything I should look out for on these bikes? Are there any problems with that year? It was used to race woods so it hasn't been abused as much as a moto bike would be.

Thanks guys

It's finally time to let the little 125 go, it's been a great bike but as I get faster I'm finding myself looking for a little more power, and a bit newer bike. If things go according to plan I have someone coming to pick my bike up Monday or Tuesday and then the search for a 250 begins... I'm a YZ guy, however I've always wanted to try an orange bike. That being said, I found a 2009 KTM 250sx on Craigslist that I'm sure I could get for around 2700, how do they compare to a YZ250 around the same year? It also comes with the stock and oversized tank, and a pro circuit and stock pipe.. Anything I should look out for on these bikes? Are there any problems with that year? It was used to race woods so it hasn't been abused as much as a moto bike would be.

Thanks guys

The ktm 250's are good bikes the 250s are going to have alot more top end also look at the ktm200xcw but the ktm 250sx is a great bike

I would go for the 200 but I'm looking for something to race MX on.