Sign in to follow this  

Central California Ride Spots

I live in the central coast too. what part are you in? slo? paso? a-town? Morro bay?

i am actually a little bit inland. i live in Fresno/Clovis area. but do you know of any ride spots around your area?

I've ridden Miami creek. Nice place to ride. I have vids of the ride.

Im in slo. There isnt a ton of riding around here but there is some fun ish up in the mountains. Pozo is cool Ballinger is a blast. if you are plated there is even more!

Just did 3 days of riding out of Oakhurst with the SOTSNF and their annual BBQ fund raiser. Rode the Miami trails and all through out the Bass Lake area. It was a dual sport event so being plated allowed access to multiple trail heads. Fun times :-)

• Like 1

Just did 3 days of riding out of Oakhurst with the SOTSNF and their annual BBQ fund raiser. Rode the Miami trails and all through out the Bass Lake area. It was a dual sport event so being plated allowed access to multiple trail heads. Fun times :-)

how can I get in on that action??

how can I get in on that action??

If your plated, they have there ride every year.  Keep track on their website for updates on when they calendar the event.  It's usually in July.  That's the only time I get up to that way as it's a bit of a drive from So Cal.

http://www.sotsnf.org/

Im in slo. There isnt a ton of riding around here but there is some fun ish up in the mountains. Pozo is cool Ballinger is a blast. if you are plated there is even more!

I'm in the AG/SLO area and yeah there isn't much here. Pozo is ok, Ballinger is a blast and where I normally go but since I am plated, where is the "even more" that's here??

I'm in the AG/SLO area and yeah there isn't much here. Pozo is ok, Ballinger is a blast and where I normally go but since I am plated, where is the "even more" that's here??

Clear Creek my friend!!! Clear Creek!!!! lol

really just tv tower road and high mountain rd etc its just "a little more"

Clear Creek my friend!!! Clear Creek!!!! lol

really just tv tower road and high mountain rd etc its just "a little more"

Is Clear Creek open? The location map here on TT says it was closed by the BLM.

TV and High Mountain aren't much. In a pinch to get a little riding, they are ok. I was wondering if there were any other local "hidden gems" here like what was on the CP Penguin's DS ride but wasn't private property.

unfortunately there is much in the "Hidden Gem" classification around here. Ive really tried to find some too. 

Clear creek is closed yes. but it was closed illegally, so there are literally hundreds of people that ride it every weekend. even the cops think its BS that its closed. as long as you arent an idiot if you get caught by the cops you get a slap on the wrist and sent on your way. if you fight the ticket they sometimes get thrown out. 

check out southbay riders forum to check it out.

• Like 1

unfortunately there is much in the "Hidden Gem" classification around here. Ive really tried to find some too. 

Clear creek is closed yes. but it was closed illegally, so there are literally hundreds of people that ride it every weekend. even the cops think its BS that its closed. as long as you arent an idiot if you get caught by the cops you get a slap on the wrist and sent on your way. if you fight the ticket they sometimes get thrown out. 

check out southbay riders forum to check it out.

Will do. :thumbsup: